cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email not recognised

Tescobod
Joining in

Hi, I'm actually going around in circles here. The people on the phones keep hanging up on me because I can't remember the memorable word. Anyway, I got a new phone. When setting up email on the new phone, my email address and password were not recognized. The system doesn't seem to recognize the Blueyonder account. I logged on using my Virgin Media email and password, but no matter how I try, it won't recognize the Blueyonder account. It keeps saying no email exists, but I've had this email address for over 20 years. Please, please, someone help me. I'm going out of my mind.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tescobod wrote:

It keeps saying no email exists,

When you try to sign in the Blueyonder account which error message do you get?

• "Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email."
  • or that your email account is "Currently unavailable"

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's says go back and change your email

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tescobod wrote:

"It's says go back and change your email"

The "Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email" message means that either:

1. this Blueyonder email account has been deleted
  2. or that you are not supplying the correct password and the password needs to be reset
  3. or that you have changed your VM username to a non VM email address, in which case you need to use that non VM email address (rather than your Blueyinder address) in the "Email address" field of that sign in page.

Re 1. - VM are deleting VM email accounts that are no longer linked to a live VM broadband account so if this email account was originally set up under under a previous VM broadband account it is possible that they have deleted it.

Re 3. - Bear in mind that you may well have to supply a non VM email address to use as your username for your VM email account and your "My Virgin Media" account. That's a change VM sneaked in for all their email accounts a few months ago to improve the security of their email accounts.

As long as you still have a live VM broadband contract one of the Forum Team, (VM staff who support this forum) will be able to check this out for you.

One of the Forum Team should be contacting you via this forum thread but I'll keep an eye out and escalate it to them if necessary. They will ask you to answer some security questions to confirm that you are the account holder but they do not need your "memorable word".

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Tescobod

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums

We're really sorry to hear you've been struggling to get help with your email account. We'll do our best to assist you from here.

Firstly, can you please confirm if the email account is linked to an active broadband subscription with us as coenoby advised above?

Beth

Yes 

Thank you.

If you want to access your Virgin Media emails from an app, you’ll need to create a separate app password through Account settings on My Virgin Media.
To get the password, follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media
a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password.

We need to give you a separate app password to help make things more secure as IMAP and POP don’t support extra protection steps, like Multi Factor Authentication.

Remember that this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps). So, if you need to check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still use your My Virgin Media password.

With regards to your memorable word when speaking with the team, you can re set this online. Please log in, then go to Account Settings > Account Details > scroll down to Telephone security details > click on Edit to the right of Memorable Word.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry that doesn't work. It won't let me past the sign in details.  

Thank you for your response.

What error are you getting when trying to sign in please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

When I have changed my email to Gmail nothing happens it doesn't send me a new password I don't even know if it's worked because I thought it would send something to my new email adress