cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked, no access

Liam_e
Tuning in

Family members blueyonder looks to be hacked, no access via original password and no way to reset it. Virgin media email says the email is not recognised.

Any advice?

10 REPLIES 10

NikTheGeek
Dialled in

I wonder if this is connected with the 3 weeks of "missing, but not hacked honest guv" email issues people have been having? I was wondering why it was taking so long and questioned if accounts had been compromised....

What are you referring to?

Liam_e
Tuning in

Hackers have now used this hacked Blueyonder email account to gain access to Virgin Packaged Netflix account. Call into Virgin on Tuesday say they were going to look into it. However hackers have replaced all the users in Netflix account and changed it to Spanish. However as account is linked to the Virgin account blueyonder email there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Liam_e, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about what has happened here! Just to check - is the email account in question attached to an active account? As when it normally advises that the email is not recognised it's because the email has been deleted which happens up to 90 days after the account it was attached to was cancelled. 

Alternatively - if you're family member has access to these forums, we would be more than happy to take a look into this for them. 

Pop back and let me know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hey Ryan,

They have an active account with Virgin yes, and they emails are attached to the virgin media contract and their My Virgin Media.

Unfortunately they cannot post here as their email is hacked so they cannot create an account as it requires them to verify their email...

Regards,

Liam

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Would it be possible they use an alternative email address to register for the forums? 

We would need to speak with the family members this account relates to - as when it comes to password resetting, we would only be able to share that with them. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Liam_e
Tuning in

Ryan,

When they called they were told by your colleague on the phone their email was shut down a few years ago when they moved providers and they cannot do anything. This is wrong information and makes no sense. The email on their contract is the blueyonder email. And they were using their blueyonder email right up until the hack a week ago. They have now used that active email address to takeover their Virgin Media netflix account, their facebook account, and several other accounts. The email account is not disabled.

Can you direct me to who can actually resolve this.

Regards,

Liam

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As mentioned above if the family members in question are able to sign up to the forums using an alternative email - we would be more than happy to look into this. 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

HafzStaaRr
Joining in

Hi the same thing has happened to me. I have a closed account but my secondary email continues to work but has  low been hacked and all my accounts linked to it are being my hacked