cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing BLUEYONDER email via VM

MarkyMark76
Joining in

Hello - can't login to my blueyonder email address via My VM. It works fine via my mail client on iphone and ipad. 

It won't let me reset the password as the system doesn't recognise the email address! Not sure why.

Not a current VM customer.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MarkyMark76 The answer is actually contained in your post.  Not a current VM customer.

In order to maintain access to a blueyonder email address it has to be attached to a current VM broadband account.   However, over the years the VM systems have often left such email accounts in an orphaned state whereby they can be accessed via an email client but not through the VM account systems.  This makes changing the password virtually impossible.  Eventually the account gets deleted entirely.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to ascertain the exact status of your account, but are unlikely to be able to do anything other than ensure it is properly deleted.

If you still have access via an email client use the time available to save important emails and contact details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MarkyMark76 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to that you are facing an issue with your email and a big thank you to Graham_A for their help on this issue. To confirm, if you are no longer a customer then you would not be able to access your email via My Virgin Media, we also do remove email address 90 days after a customer has left our services though this can take longer. If you currently have access via another mail app then we would recommend sending any important emails over to another account and changing contact emails over. 

If you would like us to look into permanently removing the email then please do let us know.