cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy - TiVo box subtitles

asim18
Fibre optic

Do you have HD subtitles available on any of your TV boxes yet?

My cheap £20 DVB-S recievers from China have had HD subtitles for about 15 years now.

The subtitle quality on the TiVo box I have is absolutely horrendous; like teletext from 1997.

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Post moved from blog to own thread for assistance]

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @asim18 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you back with us. 

I am so sorry to hear you are facing issues with your subtitles and I would be more than happy to take a look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@asim18 wrote:

Do you have HD subtitles available on any of your TV boxes yet?

My cheap £20 DVB-S recievers from China have had HD subtitles for about 15 years now.

The subtitle quality on the TiVo box I have is absolutely horrendous; like teletext from 1997.

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Post moved from blog to own thread for assistance]

The TiVO technology is also 15 years old, & VM is phasing these boxes out. It is also third party kit so the hardware capabilities are not VMs responsibility. I believe the new Horizon TV platform has far better subtitling capabilities.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks