cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error code W02

Customer1984
Joining in

I have been having this problem since Jan 2022. If i remember correctly it coincided with work taking place outside in the street (though it could be unrelated). 

I have code W02 on many channels mostly the HD channels whereas the same non HD are ok (for example, Sky news HD has code W02 but sky news non HD is working properly). 

From time to time I also experience pixelation of two channels showing on one channel or for example I recored yesterdays football and the pixelation became progressively worse as the game went on, By the end it was unwatchable. See the photo attached. 

The problem also took place after I upgraded to the 1000mbs service but i now have lower speeds that I did before with the 350mbs package. see attached photo. Wired ethernet connection. Not more than 90mbs on a good day wheres I used to get 150mbs with my previous package. 

I spoke to Virgin in Jan and they said it was a known problem in the area and it would be fixed within 1 week.

I spoke to them again a month later, we did all the tests, reboot etc. They sent an engineer and he said it is a problem in the street and will be fixed automatically. 

I spoke to them last month and they sent another engineer. He said all is ok in the house but they need to replace a cable in the street. This was done last week and I still have the same problem. 

I have been through the comments here and seems like it might be only me or an unsupported issue.

If anyone can help please let me know. 

B54F445E-2B8F-468A-9104-56AE0E0773A5.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post moved to a new thread.

The fact that some HD channels are affected, and other SD ones are OK, is purely coincidental here - you have a signal fault that is causing pixellation, it's what signal faults do.. they cause picture breakup on the channels carried on the affected frequencies. Your broadband issue is potentially related, or could be separate - but you've posted in the TV section, so we'll come at this with a TV mindset. If you posted in the broadband boards, then the locals there would be able to check your hub stats - but please don't create two threads, that will only cause more confusion.

If there is an area fault causing this, it should be listed on the automated line 0800 560061. I strongly suspect this won't be, and that it's only affecting you. You have two choices here...

1: Call in and report the issue again, see what you get told

2: Wait here for a staffer to respond, and see if they can check your stats remotely - this may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Customer1984

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I have taken a look and I do think we will need to arrange for an engineer to come out and take a look for us. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Hello again

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for TV – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thanks again. 

i hope also you will not charge me £25 if you go ahead and book the visit without checking first that there is someone at home on that date!!!

By the way, there is no one home on that date.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Customer1984 

You can rearrange the appointment by logging into My Virgin Media.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok. Thank you. 

If you do have any issues re-arranging the visit, please do let us know and we can amend that for you. 

^Martin