cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT ultimate. No rugby yet again

sorethumbs
On our wavelength

What the hell goes on with BT ultimate on virgin. Set the Leicester v Saracens recording today and now have 1 hour and 40 minutes of the BT ultimate looping trailer, no sign of any rugby. Ultimate is always playing up, either not recording or skipping sound and picture. 

One decent 4k channel and it's always faulty

15 REPLIES 15

So, is a workaround a Series Link+ for BT Sport 1 HD and another for BT Sport 2 HD?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I like your thinking but sadly not - the new SL will always replace the existing one.

The fix is for correct EPG data, and this scenario is rare.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bigfootdb
On our wavelength

It would be nice if virgin media at least acknowledged the issue, saying that surely it's an easy one to fix its just the programme guide!

Hi there @sorethumbs 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I have checked this for you and I can see that there as late guide update for this game and BT did not end up carrying the game on Ultimate. 

We are so sorry for the confusion caused. 

Jomodu
Superfast

Nor in future. Next year TNT Sports will be the new BT Sports. It is being merged with Warner Bros and Discovery  into a new premium sports channel.  I get BT Sports included in my VM package but guess this will be a £8-£10 add-on app/channel next Spring. Doubt if VM will continue to include it in its channel packages for free? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jomodu wrote:

Nor in future. Next year TNT Sports will be the new BT Sports. It is being merged with Warner Bros and Discovery  into a new premium sports channel.  I get BT Sports included in my VM package but guess this will be a £8-£10 add-on app/channel next Spring. Doubt if VM will continue to include it in its channel packages for free? 

Already being discussed at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Eurosport-BT-Sport-re-branding/m-p/5262595#M43695 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks