cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv 360 box to Sony tv with WiFi?

Kel1124
Tuning in

Hey! I can’t seem to get the tv 360 to start up on my Sony Bravia through WiFi?

I have the internet connected but can’t seem to find the start page?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kel1124 wrote:

So, the white ‘coax’ cable- This has to go into the home hub and into 360 tv box. This one isn’t long enough basically.

No. The coax cable is what carries Virgin's incoming signals. Your 360 needs one individual coax cable. Your homehub needs its own coax cable. That is an individual coax cable for every piece of VM equipment.

@Kel1124 wrote:

But seems a bit daft as you can connect the 360 to the home hub by WiFi (the same length cable) if it’s at the other end of the room but still have to run a coax around the room for the 360 box for TV.

Let's keep things simple - do you have a coax cable connection in the location you want to use your 360? Do not count the coax cable being used by your homehub, one cable cannot supply two pieces of equipment at the same time. If no, you will need a tech visit to install the appropriate new cabling, connections and/or splitters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This advice is to be in conjunction with japitts advice above and several others, 

1; The cable that comes through the wall needs to be split, 1 goes to the hub and 1 goes to the 360.

2; The 360 needs connecting to the TV with a HDMI cable.

3; The 360 box needs connecting to the hub, this can be done by either ethernet cable or wifi.

You have said the box is across the room but also said everything is connected and it's next to the tv so you need a longer cable.

Which cable do you need longer to make these connections longer.

I have left out cable colours in case this is causing any confusion about cables that have been supplied.

‘1; The cable that comes through the wall needs to be split, 1 goes to the hub and 1 goes to the 360.’

This is from the wall into the hub, but the other side of the splitter won’t reach the 360 box as this is next to the TV at the other side of the room.

@Kel1124 wrote:

‘1; The cable that comes through the wall needs to be split, 1 goes to the hub and 1 goes to the 360.’

This is from the wall into the hub, but the other side of the splitter won’t reach the 360 box as this is next to the TV at the other side of the room.

In that case you will probably need to arrange for an virgin engineer to extend your cable, what length are you talking about.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds very much like @Kel1124 will need a manned installation here. Some cabling is clearly missing from where it needs to be.

I'd recommend waiting for the forum team to come along and arrange this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kel1124,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your TV 360 box.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, please can you tell me if you can see an appointment on your online account

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have had a txt this morning to confirm it now! 👍🏻 Thank you everyone for your help! 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem @Kel1123.

I am glad that this has been arranged for you, let us know how everything goes. 

Thank you to everyone in the thread also for helping!

Have an amazing day!

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide