cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 / V6 Video quality after software upgrade

smiller4
On our wavelength

I have just upgraded my 2 v6 boxes to 360 and first thing noted is all the non HD channels are a bit fuzzy. Everything was crystal clear prior to software upgrade. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

20 REPLIES 20

smiller4
On our wavelength

Did factory reset was quick to be honest, came up factory reset successful. Switched to ITV that's 103 picture is clear as you would expect from HD but not HD quality. switched to channel 4 104 which has the England game playing, well every player on the pitch has a ghost shadow all-round them. You know what it's like back before cable or satellite and the ariel was just not pointing in the right direction.

Hi smiller4,

Thanks for posting,

I'm sorry you're having some issues with the quality of the channels, can you confirm if this is all channels that have the problem or just one?

Alex_Rm

smiller4
On our wavelength

It's across the board. Also get black screen and a buffering circle multiple times tonight watching ITV news. 

Hi smiller4,

Thanks for coming back to us. We have just had a colleague check their 360 box and they advise there is no issues with the picture on their box.

As you have already factory re-set the box and this has made no difference, we will need to investigate this further for you. 

Unfortunately, I have not been able to retrieve your 360 box information from our end, can we ask you to reboot the box, and let me know once this has been done? We can then take it from there. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

smiller4
On our wavelength

Box rebooting now

@smiller4 wrote:

Did factory reset was quick to be honest, came up factory reset successful. Switched to ITV that's 103 picture is clear as you would expect from HD but not HD quality. switched to channel 4 104 which has the England game playing, well every player on the pitch has a ghost shadow all-round them. You know what it's like back before cable or satellite and the ariel was just not pointing in the right direction.

What was the picture like on 141, channel  4 HD. You might need to set your box to fast start or active start if not already set to one of those options so the forum team can connect if it's set to eco mode and in standby they can't connect.

smiller4
On our wavelength

141 looks OK but any non HD channel is fuzzy, box is on active start

Hi smiller4

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you attach a video of what's happening please so we can get more detail? No issues are showing when done a system check today 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ASH1980
Just joined

Same here.

Upgraded this gone weekend, and the HD channels are not as smooth as they were on V6 😞

Booked an engineer.

smiller4
On our wavelength

well I would upload a video but I do not have permission 

smiller4_0-1655838284184.png