cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app freezing while playing

carni2k5
Dialled in

Every movie or series I start to watch freezes about 3-5 minutes in screen goes blank then when picture comes back it’s frozen I have to click pause for count of 10 then click play it starts again and seems fine for rest of movie or series episode. Anyone know the cause of this or having the same problem?. Never did it on the V6 box. 

68 REPLIES 68

Hi all,

This issue is currently being investigated by our TV team and if we need any further information we'll let you know.

Thanks

ModTeam

I have seen a few other posts to do with this. The WiFi connection seems to be raised as the main problem however it is only one of the boxes out of the 3 we have in the house. This and one other are wired in to the router but have tried on WiFi as well. It a problem on this box only and only on Netflix. Between 1 and 2 minutes of the start of every single thing we play. If we continue to watch a series it will not happen on each episode. It’s the first time we play anything and it’s always between the 1/2 minute mark. The movie/episode loads and starts perfectly, up to this random time, then will freeze. We have to press play or the centre button twice to start it again. I’ve reset, boxes, router, left them off for a few hours, restarted the apps. It’s not a game changer. Just a frustration that a few others are having that I have come across that I’ve never experienced on any smart tv, sky q, phone, laptop or tablet while watching Netflix and I’ve been a member since the very early days.

I have EXACTLY the same issue as Boothen888.Before you ask, yes I have re-booted my 360 box but to no avail. It's not the end of the world, but it is quite irritating. It would appear to be a specific 360/Netflix issue, Disney+ works without any problem at all.

Let's hope for a fix from VM sooner rather than later...

Boothen888
On our wavelength

Just for the process of elimination. As it was only one box I’ve even tried syncing remotes to different boxes to see if it was a problem with the remote rather than the box but the problem still persists on the one box. It was unlikely but tried it anyway.

I have exactly the same issue. Has anything been resolved yet?

Hey Aldi, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Netflix app freezing.

Please can you let me know how you are watching Netflix, on your TV box, or smart TV?

Also is it freezing like buffering? If so this is most likely to do with your internet connection, have you got your TV box on wired or WIFI connection? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Read back through the thread please or it’s a complete waste of time replying! Watching through the virgin box. I have 3 in the house, only happens on one. It’s nothing to do with the internet. When it is the internet you see the buffering ring. It’s not this. It’s the first thing I select to watch, between 1 and 2 minutes every single time it will pause. I then have to press play twice on the remote to start the programme again. Doesn’t matter if it’s a series, film, starting something I’d already started, the first time I start the app and select something to watch it will pause between 1 and 2 minutes. It’s not the same time every time it seems to be random. If I continue to watch a series it will not happen when the next episode starts. I’ve restarted boxes, router, even tried syncing a remote from another box to the one with the problem, tried the box on WiFi and wired. Never happens on the other 2 boxes in the house, just the one.

My apologies @Boothen888

I have asked the Mods and there is no further updates on this fix. As soon as we have any further information, we'll respond to let you know. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi there,

Please can you let me know how you are watching Netflix, on your TV box, or smart TV? Through our TV Virgin Media Box.

Also is it freezing like buffering? If so this is most likely to do with your internet connection, have you got your TV box on wired or WIFI connection? It is wired ethernet, not wireless. It is not buffering, it pauses. It will only start again if you press the play button.

Thanks

Read the thread, nothing to do with internet connection. The programme stops, doesn't buffer.