cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect AC adaptor

Lmeline
Joining in

Anyone has received the incorrect AC adaptor so you cannot self install your new box?

Left a complaint but had no answers yet.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What new box is this - if it's a fault replacement, you can continue using your old one.

You've posted in the V6 board and new TV installs are to 360, not V6. Although it's the same hardware.

Complaints have a 28day turnaround, it's not the best way to report/solve service issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. 

Talking about a 360 mini box installation. I have the wrong AC adaptor (power supply lead). It is too big to plug it to the box. The jack is too big for the power hole behind the box.   Says 2.3v on it and my other box use a power lead of 2.5v which does fit the mini box. 

Requested a replacement and was told this is the most up to date one hence my complaint as it is not the correct power supply cord for a 360 box and I was literally ejected from the chat box. 

No one is answering the phone either. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lmeline,

A member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you and arrange a new power lead.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Lmeline

Really sorry to hear you have received the wrong equipment with your recent order, I understand the frustration this can cause.

I'm going to send you a Private message to get some more details from you to look into this further and look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rob

You're welcome Lmeline. 

Rob

Hi. I received today the correct adapter . I was told the installation of my spare mini box will go smoothly. 

Having tried this afternoon , I do not have a cable socket in my spare room so cannot connect the mini box. 

Been a customer for years and well before virgin , (use to be Telewest) I never had so  many issues with an upgrade.

What is my option now?.It is a month now and I still cannot use in full the upgrade I bought.

Hi @Lmeline,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you clarify what socket you're referring to that's missing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The coax one I guess that's what it is call.

I have no wall socket to plug the cable so unable to install the mini box Ive  been sold as an upgrade.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear you've still not been able to get this sorted Lmeline. Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll see what we can do to help.

Tom