cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC App Launcher

Maesknoll
Tuning in

When trying to watch any BBC channels, the programmes play OK, but they are obscured by a big central banner notice with a yellow triangle then

App not accessible CS2400

Sorry, BBC Launcher isn’t launching at the moment. Please try again later.

If this issue continues, call 150 from your virgin media phone, or 0345 4541111 from another network.

This has now been going on for three or four days, the usual calls to virgin and follow the instructions s end up in a web page with a continual spinning virgin logo, if anyone E has had this and knows the solution, it would be much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

bigmark
On our wavelength
You’re right it’s already back again 😩😩😩😩😩

I had the same issue which appears to have been resolved by a factory reset, preserving recordings, there was a software update on re-boot too. Such a pain having to sign in to all the apps again though.

Frantic_Franc
Tuning in

had the same problem for just over a week, looks like the last update has really screwed up the 360 box, recordings are a bit hit & miss too and some recorded shows will no longer play.

Hi @Frantic_Franc thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Are you receiving any error codes when the shows don't play? Please let us know and we can troubleshoot further here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

didn't make a note of it but powering down the box and then powering up again gets it working eventually. The CS2400 error on BBC & ITV channels isn't solved by the same process. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Frantic_Franc 

The CS2400 error mainly affects BBC channels, possibly related to the BBC iPlayer app, for which a link is triggered when you land on a BBC channel. This provides the interactivity with the red button in the same way as customers get an error message when there is no internet connectivity with the box.

There is a workaround.

You can force the BBC  channel to play without the pop up reappearing if you hit the back button on the 360 remote when the error message appears, and then press pause and play 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali