Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not accessible?

Faerie1
Dialled in

Not sure if this is in the right board…

I have 2 V6 boxes upgraded to 360 - biggest mistake ever

sitting right now, was watching BBC2 - can’t see a thing now, have error CS2400 app not accessible? launcher isn’t launching?? Not watching an app, it won’t clear for more than a few mins at a time?

tried to go in and watch something we had recorded …. Not working either…different error messages…if there is an error with the Home Screen why can’t I get recordings that are on the box? Not in the cloud?? Or you click Recordings (it only shows you a few) so you click View All….and it says there are no recordings at all?? And that’s recordings I know are on that box, not the one upstairs (home alone, watching TV with everything wifi related turned off and it says too many streaming devices??)

would hate to think how it works for people who stream and don’t record, it’s a total nightmare now

i was having issues a few weeks ago, I had to reset my boxes to watch them every day due to buffering and bandwidth…Gareth was really helpful and send out two pods…it’s not as bad anymore but still need to turn the boxes off at least once a week to get them to work, the app doesn’t work though, says I don’t have a hub… so I can’t check my wifi but, the other night, when I couldn’t watch Netflix on either box, I plugged in a firestick, Netflix worked fine( sure how else I can test it??) so, is it the boxes?

last night I got a message on both boxes, software upgraded, seems even worse now (had to turn upstairs box off twice for it to do anything??) 

service status always says no issues (when you can get that to work as well!)

anyway, am getting very sick of Virgin, WORSt upgrade ever!!

apologies for the rant, there are soo many issues with the setup now, I don’t actually know where to start anymore!! I’m ready for cancelling (been a customer for many, many years!) 

3 REPLIES 3

Huckster
On our wavelength

Yes, these same issues have been experienced by many people who have posted on here and elsewhere. My 360 on an updated V6 box was great after I installed it last Autumn. But then early January this year, VM updated software that conflicted with the boxes and now they have these regular problems.

My TV box now appears more reliable. I did the reset with no recordings saved, allowed latest software update to be downloaded. And once the TX box was on, I signed into all of the Apps BBCiplayer, ITVx etc. I now switch off power to the TV box overnight and most of the time when turning box back on Apps have stayed signed on.

If I have problems with Apps not working and error messages. I turn off the power to both TV box and WiFi Hub, leave for a few minutes. Then switch back on. Sometimes the Apps are signed in OK with no error messages. Sometimes have to sign back into the Apps. But to avoid as many days with issues turning off power to TV box overnight appears to help.

If you continue to have problems, VM will change TV boxes to latest versions which are not affected by software compatibility issues.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Huckster wrote:

If you continue to have problems, VM will change TV boxes to latest versions which are not affected by software compatibility issues.

This statement is a tad misleading. The software installed on your TV360 (or V6 for that matter) is dictated by whatever is setup on your local cable headend at a given time, in other words it's centrally controlled and not something you can choose.

There may be some issues that are hardware-related, but I don't believe anything has been proven there - and faults would be managed through the standard process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Faerie1 wrote:

sitting right now, was watching BBC2 - can’t see a thing now, have error CS2400 app not accessible? launcher isn’t launching?? Not watching an app, it won’t clear for more than a few mins at a time?

The CS2400 error mainly affects BBC channels, possibly related to the BBC iPlayer app, for which a link is triggered when you land on a BBC channel. This provides the interactivity with the red button in the same way as customers get an error message when there is no internet connectivity with the box.

There is a workaround.

You can force the BBC  channel to play without the pop up reappearing if you hit the back button on the 360 remote when the error message appears, and then press pause and play 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali