cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC App Launcher

Maesknoll
Tuning in

When trying to watch any BBC channels, the programmes play OK, but they are obscured by a big central banner notice with a yellow triangle then

App not accessible CS2400

Sorry, BBC Launcher isn’t launching at the moment. Please try again later.

If this issue continues, call 150 from your virgin media phone, or 0345 4541111 from another network.

This has now been going on for three or four days, the usual calls to virgin and follow the instructions s end up in a web page with a continual spinning virgin logo, if anyone E has had this and knows the solution, it would be much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you use OnDemand & streaming services on your TV360?

I suspect your box has an internet connectivity problem, but OnDemand will be a quick way of proving that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Maesknoll,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV service looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Japitts has asked a really good question which I would also like to know the answer to, as well as a couple of others below - 

• Japitts's Question - Can you use OnDemand & streaming services on your TV360?
  • How is your TV box connected to the Hub? WIFI or wired? 
  • If you have multiple TV boxes, does this issue occur on all of them?
  • Do you have any internet connection issues on any other devices in the house?

Also, I have a link here - TV Error Codes - Which may help you and others who have TV error codes like this one, take a look and see what it states.

I would also like to run some diagnostic tests on my side, if you could make sure your TV boxes are powered on so I can do this it would be great!

Thanks!

Megan_L

greyman
Superfast

Hopefully you have sorted this issue out by now, but if not or for anyone else suffering the same issue, there is a way to be able to watch affected TV programmes, while you wait for the fix.

On live TV, just rewind a second or so and then press play.  This somehow prevents the persistent error message banner from popping up and allows you to watch the TV you pay for, albeit a second or two after everyone else has watched it.  

I am currently suffering from this issue, having initially suffered from a CS2500 error, when trying to watch programmes from the start.  I reported the original issue and it was referred to a VM engineering team to fix, with a 5-day fix time.  I'm not sure if the appearance of the CS2400 message is as a result of their work, as i've heard nothing from them, but the original CS2500 error has now disappeared.  For me, i seem to be getting this CS2400 error message for all of the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 programmes. with the respective "on demand" app being referenced in the pop-up message box.  So, iPlayer for BBC, ITVX for ITV and all4 for channel 4.

I've let the call centre know about the new symptom, but it would be nice to get something back from VM, to let me know what is going on.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting in touch greyman. 

I am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the service. 

I have checked from our side and can see our team have raised this matter with our fault management team. They are currently investigating this further and we will provide updates as soon as we can. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

I might be able to save them any more work, as it looks like a factory reset might have solved my issues.

The issue was with my main box and my mini box was working fine, so as they are mainly served by the same connection to VM, it pointed to something wrong with the main box itself.  I have had experienced a fair set of different error codes over the past few weeks and I had checked the box's connections a few times and all seemed to be well, so a factory reset seemed to be the only thing that might work. 

I did the reset last night, keeping recordings, and, so far, the box seems to be working as it should.  I guess something in the box's memory must've got corrupted and the factory reset had put that right.

I'll contact the help desk and let them know.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi greyman, 

Thank you for you reply and for letting us know the issue is now resolved. 

Please do reach out if there is anything we can do to assist in the future and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I'm sorry to say, that it looks like my issue might be back.

I've just got another CS2400 and although that has only happened once and not yet repeatedly occurring, it did prompt me to check whether i could still watch programmes from the start and that was greeted with the CS2500 error message, just like it did the first time this happened.

I'll try another factory reset, to see if that might solve the problem permanently, but i suspect that the box might ultimately need to be replaced.

bigmark
On our wavelength

I had this issue last night and today, so old school switched off and on again and fingers crossed it seems to have gone 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Huckster
On our wavelength

This app CS2400 issue has been going on since about second week of January 2023.  Apps sign out on a regular basis and you have to sign back in. Some of the apps are not accessible for periods.  

Virgin Media are aware of these issues.  Software conflicts ongoing