cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing TV Virgin 360 box before contract start date?

vijay001
Joining in

Will I incur costs by simply setting up the delivered Virgin 360 TV box that got delivered today? My contract starts on 30 May. I assume I won't have any services activated until the 30th May, but since it's delivered today and I have time, I thought setting it up now would make sense. However I don't want to get a charge for accidentally activating it early. Will I be charged? Or should I just wait until the 30th May?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect, that if the equipment powers up & works, then activation is done and charges will apply.

If the box is not activated, it won't work. Having it delivered over 3 weeks before it's due, does seem a little excessive.

This may be a case of trying it and seeing what happens. Do post back with the results!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @vijay001, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please confirm if the set top box has been activated?

Are you also seeking to activate broadband services also?

Our set top boxes would need to be supported by one of our broadband connections, so unless you already have a broadband connection with us in place. this wouldn't activate and therefore no charges could be incurred.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn