cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything You Need To Know

TrialsTeam

Adapter
Before you move to our fibre landline service as part of this migration, we’ll let you know in writing around three months before the migration takes place in your area. Our letter will provide more details on why this is happening.

Around 3 weeks before the migration, you'll receive an email and a text with further info on how to order your adapter. Once you have the adapter, you can use it to plug your phone into your hub.

Router Plugin Port
Once the landline cable has been attached to the adapter, you’ll need to plug this into the first grey on your hub (also known as RJ11).

Please don’t plug the adapter into the yellow ports, these are only for ethernet (RJ45) connections. You must ensure that you plug your landline with the adapter into port 1, which will be the top one.

TrialsTeam_0-1624620353529.jpeg

Handset compatibility
Any corded or cordless landline handset should work with our adapter, with the small exception of a few much older models. If your handset wasn’t working previously via a wall socket and doesn't work when connected to your hub with the adapter, this is an issue with the handset and we would advise trying a different model in the first instance.

If you have multiple portable DECT handsets in the home then you will only need to connect the master handset into your hub with the adapter, meaning it needs to be located near the hub.

If you have multiple handsets that aren’t portable and connect to extension sockets in your home then you may need a technician visit to make some in-home wiring changes.

Broadband service
Your landline & broadband services run on separate channels, so having both running through your hub won’t impact the quality of your broadband service.

78 REPLIES 78

Hi MattW3, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I have ordered your Hub upgrade for you today.

If you feel you need any further help when it arrives, please drop us another message on this thread and we'll be happy to help!

I hope you have a lovely weekend 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi MattW3,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised a Technician has been arranged, please make sure someone over 18 is home, if the appointment is missed there may be a £25 callout charge added.

Please let us know how things go, if you do need any further help in the meantime, please do not hesitate the reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

RC-2015
Joining in

Hi.  I tried to start a new thread on this, but the 'Start a Conversation' button greyed out when I tried to click on it.  I'm due to be switched over to Digital Voice at the start of February.  I have a BT Inspire 1500 cordless phone with two handsets, and it shouldn't be any trouble to move the base station to the room where the hub is.  However, I also have a front door intercom that is wired into the internal phone lines, so if someone presses the intercom button, the phone rings and I can pick up and talk to whoever's at the door as though it were a phone call.  I don't think this will work after the switchover, as the phone won't be connected to the internal phone lines anymore.  There is a phone socket near the hub, so is there any way to connect the hub to the socket so the intercom will still work?  If not, I can always update to a Ring video doorbell or something similar, but it would be handy to keep the existing system.  Thanks.

Hi RC-2015,

Thanks for posting 🙂

We're not 100% sure on the intercom and whether that would still be useable, it's not something we've come across before.

However a technician can be arranged nearer the time to rewire/ move any equipment if needed.

Alex_Rm

Thanks.  So should I wait until my adaptor has arrived in the post before I come back here to arrange a technician?

We would advise so yes 🙂

Alex_Rm

it has a o2 sim in it to work when the power goes or network goes

robjon
On our wavelength

Let`s hope you have better luck than me. Switchover was done by technician on 16th Oct. last year. Had no phone service since, numerous engineer visits, two hub changes, new cable pull from the street. Compensation as per VM guidelines is now over £800. Am I likely to get that, doubtful. Been pushed from pillar to post and still they can`t fix it. 

Hi there @Hosay299 

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your service.

I can see that you are currently in a PM with one of our agents so please do continue to chat with them and they will do all they can to help.