cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I have a split-port?

dej1
Joining in

Hello,

I have recently joined Virgin Mobile from EE, and yesterday (31st May) the port of my EE number to Virgin happened. I received a text around midday to say this has completed however, I noticed some problems straight away. I thought I'd leave it until today to see if I was still having issues which turns out I am.

I've done a bit of testing between a different number on EE and another number on Vodafone, these are the outcomes:

- I can ring and SMS numbers on EE but they can't call or SMS me. Calling me brings them to the EE voicemail.
- I can ring other networks but can't SMS other networks, other networks can ring and SMS me

- Mobile data works with no issues
- iMessage is signed out, shows "No Addresses" - tried restarting phone, disabling and re-enabling iMessage, reset Network Settings
- "My Number" in iOS settings is showing correct number

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey dej1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile account after the port over from EE. The port can take up to 24 hours to fully go through. I have refreshed your handset on the network, please can you try to reboot your handset and let me know if that has helped at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L!

I got a few texts through at the same time that must have been waiting around since yesterday, then I seen your reply so I've rebooted my phone. 

Texts to & from EE numbers seem to be working now, I can dial out to EE but when calling from a EE phone to mine a message plays that calls are currently not being connected to this number.

I also text a friend on Vodafone but he hasn't received this.

iMessage is still not activating.

Thanks!

Thanks for coming back to us dej1, I have looked into this further and cannot see any issues that would be causing this, so we would need to pass this onto our support team to investigate, to do this we will need send a private message over so that we can confirm a few details and pass account security. Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L