cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft lock and roaming switched off

SADLAD
On our wavelength

So my teenage son is abroad with roaming switched on, in his device, but not functioning.

Logging into my virgin mobile account , which his SIM is under, roaming is switched off and I can't change that because of the message

"This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active."

I can see others have been told this relates to the migration to O2 and fait accompli advice that nothing can be done until completes.

This is unacceptable.  All migration email communications received to date highlight roaming remaining an option, and there is nothing a customer needs to do.  Nothing says e.g... if you are going abroad soon then change your settings before we lock you out and functionally bar you.

Pertinent email excerpts:

"And as the changes will happen automatically, there should be nothing you have to do, but we’ll be in touch if there is."

"What’s not changing
This won’t affect your mobile service in any way." 

From a customer centric service perspective there should be a facility to remove the soft lock by exception, manually deal with any financial migration balancing (there shouldn't be any if a customer has £0 spend cap anyway).

This really needs resolving and will be complaining when call centre opens in the morning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SADLAD
On our wavelength

To update I spoke with virgin mobile support early morning via 03456000789 and really pleased it actually is possible for telephone based support to update the roaming setting on the account. That has been done and after an hour or so it has resolved the problem and my son us back up and running with roaming.  There is hope for others.

Communication need to be better though up front per my original post.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SADLAD,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear of the situation. 

So I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

SADLAD
On our wavelength

To update I spoke with virgin mobile support early morning via 03456000789 and really pleased it actually is possible for telephone based support to update the roaming setting on the account. That has been done and after an hour or so it has resolved the problem and my son us back up and running with roaming.  There is hope for others.

Communication need to be better though up front per my original post.

Great to hear this has been sorted SADLAD,

Thanks for letting me know.

Alex_Rm