cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 4G internet

Fhaf
Joining in

Sorry I don’t mean to hijack this post, but I’m having the exact same issue as izzo with me and my partners sim. 

we are in BL1, is there any updates for our area? Seems to work fine as soon as we leave the area but at home no 4G only 3G works

8 REPLIES 8

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fhaf,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post. It does seem that your post was moved to a separate thread.

I'll be more than happy to assist you further, if you provide us with more information about your issue?

I was able to check our systems, and there does not seem to be any issues impacting the masts in your area. Have you taken a look at the Vodafone Network Status Checker?

Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Apparently there was an issue with the local mast but was advised it’s fixed fixed as of 3rd February however im only able to use 3G at my location, 4G only works I’m I travel out of the area 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fhaf,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing issue. I'm very glad to hear that the mast issue has been resolved. Have you rebooted your Mobile device since then?

Have you taken a look at our Mobile Support page to see if this can help with your ongoing issues?

Please take a look and let us know, so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is reminiscent of the 5G problem in Central Manchester where customers had plenty of signal but no data.

In fact there is another customer on the outskirt of Manchester facing the same problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I’ve rebooted devixe

reset network settings etc still the same issue

Please can you flag it up with the network team or some one who can help me with this issue?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

All the masts are now up and working in the area. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

But 4G for my area isn’t working, not only mine several people I know who have virgin sims. 

Is there anything being done about it?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As you can appreciate we can only look into this on an individual basis until the people you are referring to contact us about the issue. 

In terms of any issues - I have checked again to see that there is no issues with masts currently in the area you've provided. We can only report this as we have no control over it. I can see that you have another post in which Rob has advised you he will look to speak with a contact if possible and update you when he has an update. 

I know this is an issue you want resolving asap but I can only assure you that we will do our best to resolve. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.