cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Virgin Mobile Log in

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

HI all, I know that my Virgin Mobile is now transferred to EE but there is still a log in page for Virgin Mobile and I need to change my password. My backup disk was stolen and I fear others may be able to use stored browser data to log in. So I go to the site where I cant log in using my existing password. It also need an email now whereas my saved log in used a "username" - I guess that’s why my password doesn't work. I've tried the reset ( I don't know the secret question answer) so I click to send an email, it eventually arrives but I've tried maybe 8 times and every time I get that the link has expired. I've deleted browser cache and tried 2 browsers but no go. Even though I am clicking within a minute of the email, arriving I get this (thanks for any help you can give) :

That link is no more The link you just selected was only valid for 24 hours after your request." 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

OMG, I got it, in the end my password had too many characters, I was led to add more because it kept saying Password strength : BAD! The moral of the tale, very carefully read the password requirements, the ones here are quite different to the Media site - phew, that’s done! 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

After about 15 tries I eventualy got a working link. Now it won't accept a 14 digit password that complies with the requirement listed. I've tried a few, no special characters - something amiss at Virgin Mobile perhaps 

Heres a screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 00.13.17.jpg

neilbarstow
On our wavelength

OMG, I got it, in the end my password had too many characters, I was led to add more because it kept saying Password strength : BAD! The moral of the tale, very carefully read the password requirements, the ones here are quite different to the Media site - phew, that’s done! 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi neilbarstow,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Thanks also for the update on this matter, I'm glad you've been able to get this sorted.

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Kain

Thanks Kain

the "want to reset your password" link emails were quite a pain, as all except one they had expired when reaching me. Looks like that needs fixing on the site. I must have had 20 "want to reset your password" emails with links before I got one that worked.

so every except the last, time I got: 

That link is no more The link you just selected was only valid for 24 hours after your request."

thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many thanks for providing that information neilbarstow,

We'll feed this back to the team to see if any further instances are happening with multiple customers.

Take care,

Kain