cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card in spare phone

Joojooz1
Joining in

I received a free SIM card from virgin to put in spare phone, HTC ONE M11. All ok except for mobile data, says disconnected. Network says it's registered but says disconnected when I try to use it. Any help would be great 🤔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try manually entering APN settings

Use this thread to help you

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Joojooz1,

Thank you for post. I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with using mobile data.

I know this might sound a little silly, so apologies, but have you checked to ensure that mobile data is enabled on that handset? You should be able to check via Settings.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your reply. Husband is using phone for work so will check later. He did use mobile data before we had our new phones but on o2.

Please do keep us posted 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the phone has been on another network try this 

Text ALL to 789922 to update the mobile internet settings on your phone. Just wait for the configuration message that you will receive then open it from the notification tab and follow the on screen prompt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

There is nothing in the access point name, not available it says. Can't see any other settings it might be. 😠

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try manually entering APN settings

Use this thread to help you

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/APN-settings-for-data/td-p/3597569

Thank you so much, it worked 🙂

Hi there @Joojooz1

Thank you so much for updating us and we are so glad this is now working! 

If you ever need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us via the forums and we will do all we can to assist! 

Thanks again.