cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile issues - received sim but my data still doesn't work

Kully28
On our wavelength

I have an oomph unlimited sim as part of my package. I have been using it for 11 months with no issue.

Earlier this week my sim stopped working and I could only make calls or send messages when connected to my home WiFi. I did an online chat which took me 2 hours and after trying some things the 2 advisors I was messaging i was advised that a new sim would be sent already activated.

I  received that sim today but my data still doesn't work and I am unable to connect to a network.

I have gone to settings and tried to set the network manually and automatically but I keep getting an error msg.

Does anyone know what else I can try to get my sim and data working??

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

17 REPLIES 17

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi.

I have checked and there is good Vodafone coverage. There are 4 full bars for 2g,3g and 4g.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kully28 wrote:

Hi.

I have checked and there is good Vodafone coverage. There are 4 full bars for 2g,3g and 4g.

Good. At least it rules that out of the equation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kully28
On our wavelength

I also checked ee coverage as I saw online that virgin use their network. I have no idea what the issue is. Everything has been working fine for a year.

Thank you for trying to help. 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please try this help link which should help further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kully28
On our wavelength

I tried the link but it didn't do anything. 

I managed to register on the virgin network but then I receiced a notification to say voice calls not available.

Thanks for coming back to me. Okay at this point we really would need to try a new handset as we've tried a new SIM and the same happens. Network settings have been checked and sorted and there's no coverage issues.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kully28
On our wavelength

I spoke to an advisor on the phone who advised me that the sim I was sent was an ee sim and that the migration of my sim to Vodafone had failed. The issue is not with my phone even though the sim worked in another phone of mine.

I am being sent a new activated sim. Hopefully that will sort the issue out. 

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi.

The sim I received last week has stopped working today.

I was originally told that my previous sim was not working as the migration to Vodafone had failed but the new sim I received was working from when I put it into my phone.

When I try to manually select network it shows Virgin, EE and o2-uk and the options. I cannot connect to Virgin. 

I also have 2 notifications first one says selected network virgin not available, 2nd one says phone not allowed for voice.

I can only use my phone when connected to my Virgin WiFi at home.

Any ideas what the issue could be now?