cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismal Service as Usual

almayo
Joining in

I used to work at Virgin Media Mobile in Stratford and to be honest, it's no surprise to see that nothing has improved operations-wise.

I was automatically switched to O2 two days ago, and to my surprise, I hadn't recieved any new sim card in the post.

A call to O2 confirmed that they hadn't even sent a new one out. The operator said 'don't worry though, you will still be able to use your virgin sim for the time being'. Well, that was wrong wasn't it. I'm now left with zero phone reception, no incoming texts or calls. Apparently virgin has cut off my service now, meaning that I am left stranded with no way to get in touch with anyone until my new O2 sim arrives.

The overcrowded Virgin Media call centres at Sitel are still full of people who barely understand English (it took me 4 calls to get through to someone who understood they couldnt send me a OTP because my sim no longer works).

Poor service on O2 and Virgin's behalf. I only received one email saying that I would be switched at some point - no dates. And then the other day I received a text to say that the switch was happening tomorrow. Giving me no time to inform O2 that I had no sim, and that the switch was going to leave me stranded. Really, Virgin and O2 should have sent the sim out long in advance (a week or so in my opinion), giving people the time to let them know that they hadn't received theirs.

On the bright side, due to O2 being overall dreadful to me in the past, I'll be cancelling pretty much straight away and moving to a more widespread and faster network (EE) with better customer service.

Rant over,
Disgruntled ex-employee and soon to be ex-customer 👎

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @almayo.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologies this is the kind of experience that you have had, this is not he service we aim to provide. In order to resolve this issue we would advise that you reach out to O2 regarding this 👉 O2 Help.

You can also submit a formal complaint to them regarding the experience you have had with the agents so that it can be fed back to the right departments.

Regards.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @almayo.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologies this is the kind of experience that you have had, this is not he service we aim to provide. In order to resolve this issue we would advise that you reach out to O2 regarding this 👉 O2 Help.

You can also submit a formal complaint to them regarding the experience you have had with the agents so that it can be fed back to the right departments.

Regards.

Sabrina

How do I get help .absolute nightmare trying to sort out where to go. Is this complicated on purpose. 

Ijustneedhelp
Joining in

My account number is still wrong after nearly 10 weeks. Given up trying to phone as get the usual answer that someone will be in touch. No one gives a monkeys. 

keefgranturismo
Tuning in

Welcome to the world of Liberty Global - migrate everyone quick and dirty, consolidate stacks so we can save money - CS will pick up the collateral damage

Hi @Ijustneedhelp,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your account. Would you mind elaborating on the situation and what's happened exactly? What do you mean when you say that your account number is wrong?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I still have the wrong account number on my Virgin Media app. Loads of promises but no results. It has now been 4 months. I still cannot log into my account. 

Hi, the account number on my Virgin Media is different to my account number. When I log in on my app it shows a different account number. 

Ijustneedhelp
Joining in

Anyone 👀

Ijustneedhelp
Joining in

Where do I go to get any help in this wonderful new world now? No one answers phones anymore, no messages are responded to. The only time you get correspondence is when money is involved.