cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44700035505 premium unsolicited ongoing texts received at £1.50 each

pbarrett
Dialled in

Is anybody else getting billed for receiving premium texts from this number please ? 

My sons phone had had them every month since last August and we don't know why we are getting charged for them ?

He is not receiving anything, but we are still being charged for two messages every month at £1.50 each ( one month was x5 messages I think ).

I have had a quick search on line and can;t find anything except these possibly being a scam.

These are ongoing and have already cost me a fair bit, so I need to get this sorted. As he is not receiving anything, we can't block the number either.

Help please !!

40 REPLIES 40

Just to clarify, my phone company at the time was Orange and I managed to elicit from them that the messages originated from an outfit called Orbit.

Thanks for getting back to us @madgentleman  

Please do update us when you know more.  Have you found out anything about the source of the texts?

Regards

Lee_R

I was being charge £1.50 per text ( x2 per month ) and my son wasn't even receiving any texts. I have just checked and although this went on for about 9 months, they stopped in June last year, thankfully. I have no idea why though 🤷‍♂️. It was a month after I posted this.

I am sorry @pbarrett

Thanks for the feedback, we're always looking for ways to keep our customers safe.  Please see here for how you can help protect yourself.  Although I do appreciate these text messages aren't even reaching the handset.

Regards

Lee 

Thanks for updating us @pbarrett.

It's still concerning that you were receiving them.  Did you ever discover the source?

Regards

Lee

Unfortunately not Lee. I did report it to action fraud and PSA I think, so unsure if anything happened on the back of that. Doubt that though.

Hi @pbarrett

We have been looking into this and was wondering if you can provide a little more information. 

Phones now come with a spam folders for text messages on a majority of both android and apple handsets, do you see the text messages at all in the spam folders?

Also wondering if you see or have sent any short code texts just before these text started happening. These short code texts are usually for competitions like x-factor/ strictly. They are usually 6 digits long. They can also be used in subscriptions to things too. If you have the short code text number, we may be able to help investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes Lee I'm getting charged more than I agreed.

After last month and previous months of having £1.50 charged twice (£3 total each month) (and my wife hadn't even received the messages in question), I put spending cap to £0.00 both on my daughters and wife's accounts - guess what - I've been charged £3 extra again this month ...except this time with no explanation!!! - there is no extra spending on the account???!!! Any help would be great, cheers

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @matgentleman

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the inconvenience!

When did you set the spend cap? The charges may of been a carry over from just before the spendcap and this should be the last month you receive these charges if the spendcap has been put on correctly.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have seen the spam folder on my Android, but not on my work iPhone. If there is one on iPhone, can you tell me how it is access please ? I can't see anywhere it can be from the SMS app.