cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vonage on Super Hub3

davrob
Up to speed

Has a body had experience of connecting g Vonage Home adaptor to Super Hub 3. After spending sometime with a Vonage Tech I decided to return the unit as was unable connect to Super Hub. I have Super Hubin modem. mode and connect to a TT Link 3rd party router so that I could improve my WIFI reception.

So putting Super Hub in modem mode does this cut out other ports and is there anything you can change in the setup of the two routers. Having looked at many You Tube programmes it does not mention this problem but looks so easy except of cause waiting 10 days to transfer to your original phone number. 

All I got on the Vanage box was the power light - a flashing global light but no landline light - thou very brief but then turned off. 

Any ideas wili help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you are using the HUB in modem mode connected to a TP link third party router/mesh system you should be plugging the Vonage into that, not the HUB.

In modem mode only one wired device is given internet access, in this case the TP Link.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you are using the HUB in modem mode connected to a TP link third party router/mesh system you should be plugging the Vonage into that, not the HUB.

In modem mode only one wired device is given internet access, in this case the TP Link.

davrob
Up to speed

Cheers Carl - I did suggest that to the Vanage Tech but he no its got to go into Super hub - whether was because he wanted to get my original phone number from Virgin I'm not sure. He kept saying that I should contact VM to open up other ports but not sure they would be able? 

Plug it into the TP Link (Blue port on the Vonage I believe) and see if you get further.

The tech was wrong.

Client62
Legend

Is the Vonage ATA now working or has it been returned ?

I have returned it - suggested carl's idea about putting into my mesh router and its a no, no. Only thing I was thinking of was putting a internet splitter at the back of the Super Hub which would mean ordering one and waiting for delivery.so I got fed up with the idea. I don't think the Tech at Vonage realised that putting Super Hub into modem mode make the other ports reduntant. So I have gone back to VM a prayed for a good deal.

as my contract finishes end of month and they did - £5 cheaper than last year, so well done Jonathan @ VM. But when you look at Vonage on You Tube it looks so easy but does not show up problem I had then it takes over 10days to extract the original phone number from VM and send to Vonage.You also have to bear in mind Vonage only works on FULL fibre or cable (VM) 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seems very strange that the Vonage ATA does not work plugged into your TP-Link Router?  I think maybe you confused Vonage by mentioning the Hub.  In modem mode the Hub is just a "bridge" between your TP-Link and the VM street cabinet (simplified a bit I know)  It may have been better not to mention the Hub at all and just get support to attach the ATA to the TP-Link.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I tried but it didn't reconise the phone contact for some reason. Well I am happy with VM quote which has come out cheaper than taking on Vonage plus VM broadband - which I must admit I didn't think I was going to get so thats why I thought I'd try Vonage @ £9.99 per mth. Thanks for all you helpers. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davrob wrote:

I tried but it didn't reconise the phone contact for some reason. Well I am happy with VM quote which has come out cheaper than taking on Vonage plus VM broadband - which I must admit I didn't think I was going to get so thats why I thought I'd try Vonage @ £9.99 per mth. Thanks for all you helpers. 

It will be cheaper to have VMs phoneline with Broadband as the multiple service discount wipes out the higher price of the separate items. I used Vonage for a second line (plugged directly into the hub 3), but was not happy with having both lines reliant on the same hub once the VM landline was migrated from the POTS network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks that's given me a bit of satisfaction.