cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Christmas channels

Tezlee22
Tuning in

Hi All,

Not sure if it’s just me or not but my stream box does not have any of the seasonal Christmas channels in the live tv list. 

My parents who have Sky already have them available. Is there an issue with my box? It’s on the latest software 5.05. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tezlee22 

There are a number of channels, including a few freeview channels that aren't yet available on the VM Stream box, the same goes with Sky Stream as they haven't managed to obtain agreement with the broadcasters..

I'm sorry to say that neither Christmas 24 or Christmas 24+ are available on VM Stream boxes.   If you had the TV360 box from VM and also subscribed to Sky Movies then you would have access to both Christmas 24 and Christmas 24+ channels (They are Sky channels and even on Sky  are only available with a Sky Movies subscription).

Great Christmas, and Great Action which are freeview channels aren't available on VM Stream either, however Great Movies is available on channel 425 and will be showing Christmas movies on Sunday 12th November between 9am and 2pm and possibly more on following weekends

Channel 5 have been showing Christmas themed movies on weekday and weekend afternoons, which are also available under Films in the My5 app..

There is a large selection of Christmas themed movies if you use the ITVX app which is available on the Stream box. There is also a selection of "Christmas in Summer" movies on the Pluto app, again available on your Stream box.

There will be other Christmas movies available too via Stream apps if you subscribe to Prime, Netflix, Disney+ (not sure about Apple TV +)

< This external link >  lists all the channels currently available on the Stream box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't believe that every single channel carried on VM's core-TV service (TV360 & TiVo-driven V6) is also carried on Stream.

Which specific channels do you think you're missing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh that would be annoying. I don’t have a single Christmas channel. The one I was looking for was christmas24.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tezlee22 

There are a number of channels, including a few freeview channels that aren't yet available on the VM Stream box, the same goes with Sky Stream as they haven't managed to obtain agreement with the broadcasters..

I'm sorry to say that neither Christmas 24 or Christmas 24+ are available on VM Stream boxes.   If you had the TV360 box from VM and also subscribed to Sky Movies then you would have access to both Christmas 24 and Christmas 24+ channels (They are Sky channels and even on Sky  are only available with a Sky Movies subscription).

Great Christmas, and Great Action which are freeview channels aren't available on VM Stream either, however Great Movies is available on channel 425 and will be showing Christmas movies on Sunday 12th November between 9am and 2pm and possibly more on following weekends

Channel 5 have been showing Christmas themed movies on weekday and weekend afternoons, which are also available under Films in the My5 app..

There is a large selection of Christmas themed movies if you use the ITVX app which is available on the Stream box. There is also a selection of "Christmas in Summer" movies on the Pluto app, again available on your Stream box.

There will be other Christmas movies available too via Stream apps if you subscribe to Prime, Netflix, Disney+ (not sure about Apple TV +)

< This external link >  lists all the channels currently available on the Stream box.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Tezlee22 

Just a quick update - I was wrong in saying that you need to have a Sky Movie subscription in order to watch either Christmas 24 or Christmas 24+ on VM.

Although not currently available on Stream boxes, both channels are available on TV360 boxes when taking out either the Mega tier, or the Mixit tier and adding the Entertainment & Drama Personal Pick add-on.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for the update. Just annoyed I can’t get any of them on stream 😞

Thanks!