cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to upgrade to 1GB but doesn't show up

Alex__1
Tuning in

I want to upgrade but only 500Mb up on the broadband page.

When i see what is available at my address as a new customer i can see 1Gb.

why cant i make this upgrade?

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Online upgrading is notoriously bad, so call VM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your probably cheaper to get a o2 sim card and adding it to your account than pay for 1GB straight

PompeyRog
Tuning in

Hey Alex, 

Did you ever find out why the uprade wasn't available to you?

I'm same position - my neighbour can get 1GB as a 'New Customer' but I only get offered upgrade to 500MB

I've got a feeling it's Virgin offering the good stuff to entice in new customers,

while the ones who have put up with all the crap over the years get f**ked over... again lol

Cheers.

I was in the same position a couple of weeks ago, so I phoned them up. After a long saga, found out that the phone and TV package I had at the time wasn't compatible with getting a 1gig upgrade.

My option was to either increase my tv and phone package to a compatible package for an extra £25 a month, or get rid of my phone and TV part of my package and then get 1 gig on its own for an extra £3 a month.

As I never used my phone or watched TV via the 7 year old slow ass tivo box, I opted to get rid of them and get broadband only at 1gig.

Hi @PompeyRog

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry for the confusion regarding the upgrade to 1Gig, is this in your online account where it's not giving you an option?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @John_GS

Yes I believe myself and @Alex__1 are having the same problem,

where if we go onto our account online to see what upgrades are available all there is 500MB,

but if you check as a 'new customer' for say next door then the option for 1GB is there.

Cheers.

Hi .@John_GS 

Yes I believe myself and .@Alex__1  are having the same problem,

where if we go onto our account online to see what upgrades are available all there is 500MB,

but if you check as a 'new customer' for say next door then the option for 1GB is there.

Cheers.

Thanks for coming back to us @PompeyRog

Have you attempted to call our team on 0345 454 1111 to see if this speed uplift can be added by our call centre? 

Have you also possibly explored getting an O2 SIM card and therefore gaining a free speed upgrade as part of the Volt benefits?