cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam emails warning!! Don't click on the link

Angrybirdme
On our wavelength

Just to mention I've had these fake emails supposedly from Virgin media including their logo...

I have tried to forward to phishing@virginmedia.com but it wont for some reason send them?? so ive deleted them instead.

I have copied the text here in blue but DON'T CLICK THE LINK - I HAVE N'T and have no intention to....

The sender is

IT- Mailbox [REMOVED]

Dear value user,

We received your request on 22/06/2021 to delete your email box permanently. Please reconfirm your request below

Click here to continue using our service (log in your details)

Yours sincerely,

The whole team at Virgin Media 

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Angrybirdme wrote:

I have tried to forward to phishing@virginmedia.com but it wont for some reason send them?? so ive deleted them instead.

Thanks for posting this however that phishing email had already been posted here yesterday by the moderators. See email 2 here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-2 here2-06-2021/m-p/47545... 

The reason that the VM phishing address rejected it was because by the time you forwarded it the email had already been flagged by VM's security filter as being fraudulent.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Angrybirdme

As coenoby has already said.  I genuinely thank you for looking out for your fellow community members.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Thank you Lee, hope I did n't leave myself exposed with the link?? by copying and pasting the email...? anyway I didn't know what else to do so sorry if it was the wrong place to put it. It's terrible for those who are vulnerable and may click the links...
regards 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Angrybirdme,

No worries, our moderators have been able to edit in good time. 

I agree with you too and it's so infuriating that people out there are sending such scams. 

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide