cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I see you again...?

Fabs
Tuning in

10 days ago, Engineer discovered that the outside cable needed replacing. I've heard nothing since despite calling and going through the online troubleshooter several times. No email, no call, no text, no communication. Not good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fabs 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you've not had the communication regarding your cable re-pull. I can see on the system that you have spoken with the team that have been able to advise and confirm this for you. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Fabs wrote:

10 days ago, Engineer discovered that the outside cable needed replacing. I've heard nothing since despite calling and going through the online troubleshooter several times. No email, no call, no text, no communication. Not good.

not good you say - normal i would say - thats how it works in the disjointed mess/cs that is VM - they may or may not have passed it on to outside contractors to do the job - if so they will have filed the request in the box marked - as and when - so sit back and wait - it could be days - weeks or months BUT the one thing that is certain is if you ring and speak to someone it will be done tomorrow [guaranteed] then the day after or the day after

if you have a total loss of service then you are due compensation at about £9 a day - if its intermittent or just rubbish then tough

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fabs 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you've not had the communication regarding your cable re-pull. I can see on the system that you have spoken with the team that have been able to advise and confirm this for you. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks Tony, if only because it's important to know what's what when you're a newbie like me. I only signed up because of a very positive experience of Virgin's customer service I encountered about 6 months ago; pity that seems to have been an exception to the rule. I got through to someone yesterday and the repair is scheduled for 6th July - 6 weeks from when I first reported the fault. The worst part, as you intimate, is that there was no status update whatsoever which leaves me wondering if anything would have been done hadn't I chased it up. And yes, it's an intermittent fault which means I have to switch to mobile data for online meetings and chats. Not good.

Fabs
Tuning in

I'm overjoyed to report that the faulty cable was replaced way ahead of schedule and everything seems to be working fine now. I've no doubt this great outcome is a result of posting on this forum; thank you so much guys. 🙏