cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing CATV small cover

JFurb1
Joining in

The cover is missing from a small access hole in the pavement outside my house. The hole is dangerous to pedestrians, who might easily break an ankle. Can you action a replacement ASAP please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JFurb1,
Thank you for reaching back out, this has been reported again to the relevant team and will be picked up ASAP, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

JFurb1
Joining in

E6488979-6FF7-4CAB-86D8-2118FD08F0B8.jpeg

6702577A-306E-4D40-8272-9291E5E8FA08.jpeg

The missing CATV cover for this small access hole has left a dangerous situation for pedestrians outside my home. Please can you organise a replacement, or tell me how I can make it safe. For example, can I fill it with gravel, so someone doesn’t break a leg walking along the pavement? 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It would help if you said where it was. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Okay, it’s in Norwich. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Threads Merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same subject.

If you need to add something then just click the Reply button on the last message in the existing thread.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well I doubt Virginmedia will be driving round every road in Norwich looking for an open access hole. 

If you are shy about the location you'll have to wait for a staff member to pick this up and send you a private message. Alternatively if it's in a public footpath your local council may respond more quickly. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I didn’t realise it was acceptable to put addresses on these forums. I haven’t seen that personally. And wouldn’t VM get in touch for details before turning up? I’m new to this, so excuse my naivety. 

I have contacted my local council, a month ago, and no action so far. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Certainly don't post your address, but the postcode or even just the road name would be helpful and is not giving too much away. 

- jpeg1

Okay. It’s in Bluebell Road, Eaton, NR4. Thanks for your advice. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JFurb1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that there's an uncovered access hole near your property.

I'll be more than happy to report this as soon as possible for you. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details to make sure we have the right address and can have this rectified as soon as possible.

I've sent you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs