cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ethernet cable from the splitter for?

paytime
Joining in

The cable for my new one gigabyte router has a splitter for the router and TV box. . From the splitter there is a coaxial type lead labelled broadband and another labelled Ethernet. What is the Ethernet one for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Doesn't sound like any cable I've ever seen from VM

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To go between your tv box and the router to save having to run over wifi

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I think you are talking about the cable which came with the new router and TV box with an ethernet plug on both ends. The cable I am asking about has an ethernet plug at one end and the other goes into the splitter. Sorry for not being clear.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never ever seen a cable like that. Please post some photos.  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Doesn't sound like any cable I've ever seen from VM

lead one.JPGlead two.JPG

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Where is the other end of the Ethernet cable? It should either have a plug or socket on it. Ethernet cable is never terminated in any other way.

If it’s got a plug on each end, one end goes to hub, the other to the V6 or 360 TV box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Any help?
https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/Virgin-TV-V6-QuickStart-Guide-for-New-Custom...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Sounds like a recent similar discussion about an 'ethernet splitter' here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Ethernet-cable-damaged/td-p/5077882

Can't work out if it is actually an ethernet splitter though or just an ethernet cable bound alongside the coax connector(s)/splitter.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's just a cable, it goes into the plastic splitter enclosure then leaves again.

One end goes into the v6 and one into the hub