cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin fibre query - box outside

ChrisM74
Joining in

Hi,

I have a query on when NTL(now virgin) going back over 20 years.  When NTL for some reason stopped running cable in my cul-de-sac, I did hear that a couple of neighbours of mine didn’t want a box outside there house but would like to know if this was the case?  I’m more than likely I’m in the wrong part of the forum so apologies in advance 

Sa128yn area

Chris 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM won't have records of what happened 20 years ago. But if you are asking whether they could extend the coverage now into your cul de sac, that is extremely unlikely. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless installed by a developer, cable Omniboxes are not installed on properties unless you actually sign a contract for receiving services. If you have a service tee on the pavement outside you should be serviceable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ChrisM74 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear we aren't currently available in your area, as our community team have already mentioned we wouldn't be able to spill the tea on what happened in regards to cabling in the past, but I'd be happy to get a form raised for you for our teams to reach and discuss a possible future cabling. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.