cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install through garden - Options?

cbdeakin
Tuning in

We are thinking of ordering FTTP with Virgin when it becomes available.

We are in a Nexfibre area (XGS-PON technology). Based on the work that's been done in our street earlier this month, I'd say we are not far off from being able to order.

My dad is concerned about the fibre cable install, which will need to go through our front garden (the Toby box was installed adjacent to the garden). He would like the fibre cable to be installed into a trench that is fairly deep, as he thinks there's a possibility of it being damaged if the cable is installed at a narrow depth. 

He would like to dig the trench himself, and then ask the Virgin engineer to install the cable along this path.  So, is this likely to be a problem, when it comes to doing the install?

I would also like to get some idea of when Virgin will be ready to accept an order, if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cbdeakin 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so glad to hear that you are thinking of joining. In regards to the trench, if a trench was already dug and was in the correct area I can't see that an engineer would have a problem using it, but it would be dependent on if the location was in the corret point for the cable to connect. 

It would be worth mentioning this at the point of sale so the agent can leave a note for the engineer or advise further on the possibility. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

mda99das
Up to speed

Yes no harm in doing that. Whatever makes it easier for the engineer. I did all the cabling myself as I didn't want any drilling done so they gave me a reel of cable and came back 2 weeks later to make it live .

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cbdeakin 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so glad to hear that you are thinking of joining. In regards to the trench, if a trench was already dug and was in the correct area I can't see that an engineer would have a problem using it, but it would be dependent on if the location was in the corret point for the cable to connect. 

It would be worth mentioning this at the point of sale so the agent can leave a note for the engineer or advise further on the possibility.