cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received pre-paid package

Rapha16
Joining in

Hello,

We moved out from our flat on 10/05/2021. I was expecting a pre-paid package to arrive at our new address since I requested it in the end of June. It has been almost a month now, and I have not received anything despite contacting Virgin 5 times. Every time, I received empty promises like "I assure you the package will arrive in the coming week". Now I am an impending bill of 40 pounds and I receive threatening emails about it every week - which feels like harassment after everything I've gone through to return the equipment. Some agents have been downright rude, or extremely confusing, implying that I was lying about not receiving the package.

I will be leaving the UK indefinitely in 7 days, and I just cannot be transporting the whole equipment everywhere I go. I will not accept to be charged for something I have no control over, and I am tired of spending hours on the phone/on the chatline to receive no help whatsoever. I'm just so disappointed in Virgin and how they treat loyal customers who genuinely care about doing things right and sending the livebox back.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Rapha16,

Sorry to see you are having problems with equipment returns.

Have you checked <<< This link >>>  to make sure your equipment needs returning?

If the kit doesn't need returning there's also a link on the same page detailing local recycling points.

Returns packaging is usually sent out 10 days after the cancellation completes.

You can request returns packaging using <<< this link >>>  and also choose to have it send to another address if necessary.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Rapha16,

Sorry to hear you have not received this.

I have located your account and can see that it has been sent and that someone was arranged to collect this as well? Did this happen?

Did you provide a forwarding address? If so it would be sent there

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for the reply. We moved from the first address after a couple of days. I was informed someone would try to collect it and therefore replied to all the messages and emails I got with our updated address. I also registered for a new pre-paid package to be delivered at the right address on the website. Since then, I have heard nothing and the package has not been delivered. I'm leaving in 3 days and I am lost about what can be done at this point. I've contacted Virgin again and the agents have assured me (once again) that the package would arrive in the next few days, but this has been going on for more than a month now.

Best,

Raphaelle

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rapha16,

Thank you for giving us this information.

Please can you let us know if this packaging does not turn up? We can note the account and see what else we can do, I can see that we have located your account, I can also see that this is on the way to you.

I hope this is okay for now.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello,

I am now 2 days away from my departure from the UK, and I keep receiving emails about being charged £40 on the 10th of August. The package still has not arrived and I really don't know what else I can do now. I've been contacting Virgin again and again, and they keep saying the package will arrive soon and that the charge will then be removed. I cannot be paying that amount for something that is out of my control and for which I have tried my best to sort out. Additionally, I have no idea what I will be doing with the equipment as I cannot take it with me while travelling but also cannot leave it at my current address.

Best,

Raphaelle

Hi Raphaelle,

I am very sorry about this - I'm going to pop you over a PM now to see what I can do.

Thanks

Beth

Beth