cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 and wifi pod

Cyb0rg
Tuning in

I had my old hub 3 plus booster pod and 1 v6 box replaced last weekend, after new hub was installed it took 3 days to appear in connect app, my pod would not connect and after a phonecall we were told we needed a new pod due to compatability issues with the old pod and new hub. New pod arrived and looks exactly the same as the old one and since it arrived on Thursday its been plugged in but still a slow flashing white light and the + button in the app to add a pod says I do nit have any to install.... any ideas, the hub 3 and old pod worked great so not sure why the new hub/pod won't connect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply, i rang and after one lady decided half way through the call to put me on hold the next thing was another customer service rep thanking me for calling virgin and asking what he can do lol.... after explaining the problem i was told he had paired the hub for me and to reboot my hub, no serial number was requested and no mac address on label, the pod they sent to me looks exactly the same as the pod i had set up wiith the hub 3, due to the reboot i said i would leave it 24h to find and connect to the hub 4.... a cheeky question is their a way to differentiate between the pods for the hub 3 and hub 4...... and again thank you for your help

Hi Markn7437k,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, all pods are the same and work with all hubs, you can find further information around our Pods  and WiFi Max here

Regards

Paul.

I am a little confused jow tbh, I have had the new pod 8n now for a couple of days and still blinking on the front, in fhe connect app it says the pods are not found but also the app on shows 2 devices connected to internal network, their are around 12 devices connected at any 1 time, it s33ms since I had the upgrade to the hub 4 nothing app wise works, I do not know how to get the pods to install and after 3 calls to VM I am still in the same situation, I do dialysis at home 4 days a week so having WiFi working in my dialysis room is important to me and I explained this to VM and it just feels like I'm been fobbed off.

Yesterday I tried the network load plugged into the pod but still no connection to the hub, as far a WiFi works everything is running, speeds on WiFi vary but I do have a dead spot hence the pod.

What would you suggest as a next move.

Thank you very much

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cyb0rg 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your pod.

Are you able to set up the pods if you pinhole reset the hub? Please do let us know how you get on

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Thank you for your reply,

I have reset the hub via pinhole and by the my connect app and a reset from routers ip and after each reboot I've left the network settle for a day. VM are sending a technician out to help and he is due tomorrow evening so crossing all fingers and toes, I will post up the findings.

This is what my app says is on my network, 1 device, I have active at present, v6 box, printer, tablet, smart TV security cam, hive heating and all function but the hub says only 1 device and 2 unfound pods 1 pod is plugged in not 2.

Screenshot_20230309_161055_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

It's been about 2 weeks since my box was replaced and the pods have not worked on the hub 4 at all but its never not shown the full list of connected devices 

Thank you......

Hi Cyb0rg 👋 thank you for getting back to us! Sorry to hear about the issues with the Hub and the Pod's being paired together. 

Whilst the Pod's can work with any hub, they do need to be paired correctly. It may be that the Pod's you have are currently still paired with the old hub. We should be able to get this sorted remotely, via our FMS (Fault management service) team, or the technician can get it sorted in your appointment. 

I've had a quick look for you and it does look like your appointment may have been rescheduled so I will pop you a PM just to offer further support in the meantime. You can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible! Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

I would just like to give a big thank you to Moderator Molly, a level of customer service that VM should be proud of, after multiple calls and tech not turning up I came and asked the community where I received a level of help that got me going, Molly took me to msg on pm and she was so thorough and considerate, when a tech came out he could not fix it, he rang to get the pods commissioned but still failed he left after emailing his manager, I mag molly and she suggested changing to the hub 5 as there is a issue pairing with the hub 4, its a pity the tech was not up to speed with the products, hub 5 came and withing 30min connected to both pods and my devices connected showed 14 and well split between pods and hub, I do not think I would of gotten to a resolution if it was not for Molly. My first experience in the community and you've made it a really good one so thank you to all.

Dean

Screenshot_20230323_195544_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thank you for coming back to update the thread, and your commendation to @Molly_T