cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad WiFi signal

harotpa
Joining in

I want to ask for some help to deal with the wifi bad signal I get in my bedroom.

I live in a house with 3 floors and the router is in the middle, my room is at the bottom and the opposite side of the house from the router (router is in the front of the house and my room is at the back) so I get 1 or 2 bars and the signal also dips down to 10mbs up to 70mbs download speed, very inconsistent as and horrible for gaming, for context next to my wifi I get about 200mbs.

And so I wanted to ask what I could do to get full access to my wifi strength. I've heard of a wifi extender and getting a second router but I'm not sure how any of it would work exactly, but I also realised I had an ethernet access port in my room and this could fix my wifi problem as I could just connect it to my pc, unfortunately it's a BT port.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

WayneF11
Joining in

Hi,

To improve your Wi-Fi signal, consider using a Wi-Fi extender or access point connected to the Ethernet port in your room. This can help provide a stronger signal for better gaming performance.

Best regard,
AarpMembership

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey harotpa, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

A WIFI pod will definitely fix this issue for you, they are free if you are a volt or 1GB customers otherwise £8 per month.

You can order some via the Connect App here 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?