cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment no show

DJ1UK
On our wavelength

Hi

New customer, appointment to pull cable was 17/09 but failed due to a blocked duct.

The internal installation was also scheduled for the same day, attended but couldn’t do any work due to the above not being compete.

I have had no communication since, chased on WhatsApp and appointment to do external and internal was confirmed and scheduled for today (and shows on account). Took day off work and… no show and no communication,

Apart from trying to contact Virgin to work out what is going on! What compensation am I entitled to?

1) £5.25 daily due to no install since 17/09?

2) £26.24 for todays no show?

3) Anything for loss of earnings for taking today off work.. ??

Any advice how to proceed would be welcome.

thanks, DJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey DJ1UK, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see that the techs didn't turn up for the appointment.

The complaint is with the right team and they will reach out when they can to help with the issue. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey DJ1UK, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue.

We're sorry to hear your installation has been delayed due to this cabling work pending outside the property and for the appointment missed.
We do have a compensation scheme in place for these circumstances, please visit this page here for more info (under ''delays with installing services'' section).

Could you please advise if you've received any communication in regard to rescheduling your install visit since you last posted here on Friday?
Let us know where you are with this process and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DJ1UK
On our wavelength

Hi

After the no-show on Friday I contacted on WhatsApp and the advisor said they will apply "delayed installation credit" and raise a complaint.

I have not had any confirmation of the credit being applied or any complaint raised.  I tried to raise a complaint online and it didn't seem to save (message said complaint number xxxx and it doesn't show on account).

Had a call on Saturday 24th to move appointment out to Oct 6th.  Told the external works will be complete by this time, but not had any confirmation of the date of the external works to be completed.

Will see if anything happens before/on the 6th the decide if I still want to go ahead or not.  Not been a great start.

Thanks.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DJ1UK wrote:

Hi

After the no-show on Friday I contacted on WhatsApp and the advisor said they will apply "delayed installation credit" and raise a complaint.

I have not had any confirmation of the credit being applied or any complaint raised.  I tried to raise a complaint online and it didn't seem to save (message said complaint number xxxx and it doesn't show on account).

Had a call on Saturday 24th to move appointment out to Oct 6th.  Told the external works will be complete by this time, but not had any confirmation of the date of the external works to be completed.

Will see if anything happens before/on the 6th the decide if I still want to go ahead or not.  Not been a great start.

Thanks.

Keep a good record of the written evidence from VM of that original install date when the VM tech turned up to fit the internal equipment, but couldn't, as that is relevant in claiming any compensation.

Scheme is below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and OFCOM's minimum requirements are here

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

Some customers in your situation, posting on here, have experienced some 'creative accounting' in the way VM tries to apply the scheme. If your service does actually go-live on 6 Oct, you would be due at least £99.75 by then by my quick calc's. Consider the 6 Oct date as being 'subject to change' though while it is being 'processed' by VM's systems.

DJ1UK
On our wavelength

Thanks, I have a record of all dates, actions, calls with screens and evidence to support.

Cheers DJ.

Good luck getting the compensation.

The minute you mention a complaint they will either hang up on you or promise a callback which will never happen.

Their customer service is beyond a disgrace.

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @DJ1UK

Sometimes, delays in pre-installations can be caused by construction issues. Our teams will do their best to get this resolved in time for your internal installation. You can also find out all you need to know about compensation here  https://virg.in/autocomp. Please let us know if you need any further help after this and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jem101
Superstar

@DJ1UK wrote:

Hi

New customer, appointment to pull cable was 17/09 but failed due to a blocked duct.

The internal installation was also scheduled for the same day, attended but couldn’t do any work due to the above not being compete.

I have had no communication since, chased on WhatsApp and appointment to do external and internal was confirmed and scheduled for today (and shows on account). Took day off work and… no show and no communication,

Apart from trying to contact Virgin to work out what is going on! What compensation am I entitled to?

1) £5.25 daily due to no install since 17/09?

2) £26.24 for todays no show?

3) Anything for loss of earnings for taking today off work.. ??

Any advice how to proceed would be welcome.

thanks, DJ.

Well in order firstly, yes 1) you are entitled to £5.25 or so compensation from the original installation date up until it actually happens, for each day. 2), well technically a VM engineer did show up, the fact that they couldn't do anything is not really relevant here. Lastly c), unfortunately nothing at all, the VM Ts & Cs are quite specific about that and you sort of did agree to it when you originally signed up. The law and corporate Ts & Cs are still stuck in the pre-pandemic idea of 'domestic broadband' being that's just for posting pictures of what you have for lunch on Facebook (I mean seriously does anyone actually care?), and for downloading amusing cat videos!

So no, you took time off work, couldn't work from home because of bad connection, had to go into the office.... etc, sorry but irrelevant, legally, you get nothing back for that - and this isn't specifically a VM thing, all ISP will have similar arrangements.

DJ1UK
On our wavelength

Hi

The link above doesn’t work, but if this is to the page on automatic compensation, I’ve already read it.

I’ve raised a complaint, which said would be in touch within 48 hours and no communication yet.

It really isn’t a great start. Hopefully line will be installed, but then tempted to cancel and go elsewhere, within 14 cancellation period,

DJ1UK
On our wavelength

Hi

I’ll wait and see if I ever get the compensation due.

re point 2, no engineers showed up at all on the second confirmed date. This was the one I took a day off work for.

The original 1st date, yes both external and internal engineers showed, the later couldn’t proceed as the external work wasn’t complete.

So I take the daily compensation from the 1st promised date, plus the no-show fee for both engineers not showing on the 2nd confirmed date?

Third time lucky? … will wait and see.

DJ