cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 4 intermittently dropping internet

Jon-J
On our wavelength

Dropped connection about 4/5 times over last 40 mins or so. Solid white light disappears on Hub 4 and is replaced by pulsing white light, then solid light again.

Ran diagnostic from Hub twice. First time indicated an Broadband Service issue, the second didn't. Followed advice to turn off at wall and turn on again. It still dropped afterwards.

I rely heavily on Internet access, so this is a real worry. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Jon-J
On our wavelength

Nope. Just checked both and no issues in the area. Haven't had another disconnection for over an hour now, so I'm hoping whatever the problem was, that it's now resolved itself. Kinda puts you on edge, though. 

Hi there @Jon-J, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the dropping connection that you're experiencing.
May I ask how the connection has been since Friday and whether or not you're connection has dropped out even more?

Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jon-J
On our wavelength

The connection has been okay since those specific problems on Friday. I don't know what happened, since there were no issues in the area. Anyway, everything appears stable, with no drops.

Great news, very happy to hear this.

If it does come back again please do reach out and we would be happy to look into this for you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?