cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Max activation and free Wifi Pod

AliM5
Joining in

Asked to make a post here by the Twitter team, in regards to activating WiFi Max and receiving a free Wifi Pod, as the Virgjn Media Connect App suggested activating Wifi Max and using a Wifi Pod due to slow speeds (Approx 3Mbps download according to the Connect App) in some rooms, even though hub speeds are over 200Mbps).

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AliM5, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting a pod ordered. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I’m in the same boat. I have a dead spot in the house but I have no way to order a Wi-Fi pod from the Connect app. Calling VM all I get is order it from the Connect app as they can’t do it their end. Is it possible to order one from here?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AliM5,

Thanks for sticking with me via private message and coming back to confirm everything is sorted for you now. 

If you have any further queries, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi dipper_the_cat, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I know I've posted this above to the OP but I just wanted to ensure you've seen it as the same would apply to you: 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting a pod ordered to correct the black spot in your home. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi dipper_the_cat, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message.

I have added the WiFi Max service and ordered your first WiFi pod for you. This will be delivered to your home address within 5 days. Once you receive your pod, this link should help you get it up and running and installed. 

That should help to resolve the dead spot you're seeing. 

As part of the diagnostics, we’ve detected high levels of wireless interference within your home which is affecting wireless performance. Wireless interference can be caused by the signals coming from other routers or any electrical devices in close proximity. This interference can affect the speed & stability of the wireless signal. There are potential changes to the home environment which can improve wireless performance

• Using the wireless default settings & not splitting SSIDs (Einstein will automatically check for this)
  • Making sure the correct wireless channel/band is in use
  • Using a cabled connection where possible

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team