cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi pods

davvo
On our wavelength

I’m having issues with poor and intermittent signal in 2 rooms. The connect app can’t connect sufficiently to complete scan, are the pods likely to help boost the signal,to a quality that allows streaming Netflix, running an Apple home pod etc?

How do I order one to try?

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

I believe you need to complete the scan using the Connect app and if any 'deadspots' are detected the app will let you order the pods, which may help.  Presumably if it's so bad the scan can't complete that will also allow an order.  If not use the app 'on the edge' to get it to go through?

A forum rep might otherwise help with an order?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

Bear in mind that the pods are only free on certain packages.  That does include Volt if you have an O2 mobile.

see here 

Otherwise you need to pay £8/month.  You might be better off buying your own mesh system rather than renting.

For streaming with those apps I generally prefer a wired connection though I do so on some TVs/devices connected by WiFi in distant rooms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davvo 

Welcome back to the community forum

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to run the scans on the connect app. Has the support and advise given by our helpful community member allowed the scan to be successful at your side when trying to scan maybe closer to the router on the edge of the weak signal/blackspot?

If not, are you able to run a speed test via Sam Knows to see what speeds are at the device from the router? You can perform the Sam Knows test here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley