cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi keeps dropping in/out.

Bobbedi_Bob
Joining in

Hi all,

Going slightly crazy this past week or so as the Wi-Fi keeps dropping, then reconnecting which is really messing up working from home as I have to log-into a remote server again every time this happens.

All self-tests are fine .... and cannot find a way to book an engineer as the website just sends me round in circles 'testing' the connection etc. each time.

Any idea how I get this fixed please?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bobbedi_Bob 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with you WiFi at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues within the area or with your router specifications itself or with any disconnections.  

Can you confirm, is this issue just with your WiFi devices or do you have any issues at all with your wired devices dropping connection too? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Bobbedi_Bob
Joining in

We've only noticed it on the Wi-Fi devices, but it may be affecting wired devices as well (as in they are nto used as frequently or for as long).

Thank you for confirming @Bobbedi_Bob 

You can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph to this thread and we'll be able to see if there any areas of concerns with things such as latency and packet loss. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues picked up at the router. 

For WiFi you can check to see what speeds you're achieving with our connect app here. This will check for any coverage issues like WiFi blackspots. 

You can also check Sam Knows to see what speeds you're getting at the router and the device. You'll need to be connected to your Virgin Media home network without a VPN enabled for the tests to work. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Bobbedi_Bob
Joining in

Can't seem to post the link to the monitoring graph ... invalid HTML ?? 

Thanks for coming back to us @Bobbedi_Bob.

How strange.

Can you possibly try clearing the cache on the browser you're using to access the Forums and then attempt to repost the link for us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Client62
Legend

Disabling Channel Optimisation / Auto Channel selection on our Hub eliminated Wi-Fi drop outs.

Bobbedi_Bob
Joining in

WiFi.jpg

Thanks .... will try that.

richieb41
Tuning in

Adding my old hub 2 as an Access Point sorted out my VPN dropping out. Used to do it when on Teams calls. 
details on access points is widely available if you Google it.