Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi issues

Warbo_swfc
Joining in

D45912AD-5F0C-4C76-9A10-90F4B70B2A34.jpeg

352A2DD2-B5F3-477A-ABDE-0FAE4317F149.jpeg

Has anyone had these issues? And how are they resolved? At least 5 of the devices with poor signal strength are in the same room as the hub 🤷‍♂️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With 31 devices, you should really consider moving to your own "proper" networking kit.  The VM Hubs are a typical ISP device, built to a price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it? How many devices do you have connected on wifi?

How many on ethernet cables?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s a hub 3 and every device, (31) is struggling on Wi-Fi. Nothing on Ethernet cable

Is your SH behind a TV ???

What happens if you go closer to the SH ???

Wifi 2.4GHz or 5GHz range ???

WOW 31 devices...

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Even sat at side of the hub, which is around 2m away from the tv, I’m getting the same response. I think a bit of both, 5ghz and 2.4 ghz.
I think so many devices as some are Wi-Fi bulbs! 🤣

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With 31 devices, you should really consider moving to your own "proper" networking kit.  The VM Hubs are a typical ISP device, built to a price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Warbo_swfc, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband and WiFi connection. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Warbo_swfc

Thank you for communicating with me via Private Message

Glad to hear the issue was all sorted with the technician visit, please do be sure to contact us in the future if you require any assistance 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs