cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi clients cannot connect to each other.

LeinsterSC
Joining in

I work in a school who today got a replacement router.

The new box seems to block Wi-Fi clients from talking to each other. In theory this is great security, but I need to be able to disable it, or make an exception for particular MAC addresses, so that the staff laptops can access the printers. Wiring these in is just not practical.

I’ve gone through the Admin interface but can’t see anything.

6 REPLIES 6

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Do your printers have WiFi cards? If they do, then the laptops can print directly tro a printer.

At least they can in my house!
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

pete_at_home
Superfast

Might help to know what router ?   Also is this VM business router ? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it a LGFL site?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Sephiroth,

If the printer is connected by ethernet and the latop by Wi-Fi; it works. If the printer is connected by Wi-Fi and the laptop by ethernet; it works, same for when both are on ethernet. The scenario that doesn't work is when both are connected by Wi-Fi. On the previous router there was no issue when both were on Wi-Fi.

My research has turned up a reference to "Wi-Fi NAT Isolation" as a configurable security feature on other brand routers that would cause this issue if enabled. I'm thinking something similar might be at play here but cannot see anything in the Admin interface that might be related to it.

Hi Pete,

It is a business account, absolutely I understand should post the model type, I'll need to get that info but I don't have access to it at the moment

Hi @LeinsterSC

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We can only assist with residential concerns here.

You can contact Virgin Media business here and they will be able to assist further for you.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide