cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2 security

keith_fuller
On our wavelength

According to the June 2022 issue of the Which Magazine regarding Superhub 2 and security  “..it’s not surprising that our hackers made light work of compromising the router and discovering a way of retrieving password information” -  customers should ask VM for an upgrade. How can I do this?

21 REPLIES 21

Many thanks for the link - it’s very helpful.
Thank you.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi keith_fuller, 

Can I ask for clarity, do you still currently have a Hub 2?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes it’s a 2ac which I’ve had for quite a long time now.

Regards

Keith

Thank you for that information. Have you spoken with the team regarding upgrading your hub?

^Martin

I have previously contacted them and was told that I wasn’t entitled to a newer SH with the package I’m on. This seems to be borne out by other posts I’ve seen.

Regards

Keith

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @keith_fuller,

Thanks for letting us know. If you're happy with the package you're on at the moment, you can easily upgrade to a Hub 3 without having to contact us or adjusting your package. You simply need to download the Virgin Media Connect App and then connect to the current Hub (by signing in to your My Virgin Media via the app) whilst using 3G or 4G on your phone - your WiFi would need to be disabled.

Once you've signed in, the Connect App will automatically suggest an upgrade to the Hub 3, which can be collected from a local Collect+ Store free of charge. If you are wanting to look into what offers we have available and to see if any package changes would qualify for a Hub upgrade, then please call our team on 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to take a look into this for you

If you're still unsure, you can pop over here which will also guide you through the process. If you need any further support, please let us know 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Many thanks for the information.

I’ve tried going through the process on my phone with WiFi turned off but unfortunately it says “We’re really sorry, but we won’t be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you”. Won’t my “quick” ring result in the usual response that I can’t upgrade with my present package?

Regards

Keith

Good Morning @keith_fuller, if you're able to give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150, and see if we can swap the hub for you.

Once you've dealt with our team, please drop us an update on the Forums and if further assistance is required, we'll be on hand to help.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you for your reply. I’ve just spoken to Customer Service who have noted my concern about SH2 security and will arrange for someone to contact me to discuss the possibility of a replacement. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Regards

Keith

Hi @keith_fuller

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall PM you to assist further.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill