cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paused device not showing on virgin connect app

Cathy2811
Just joined

I paused my sons Nintendo switch using the virgin media connect app while he was grounded. Now he is ungrounded I would like to unpause the internet to his switch, it’s showing in the number of connected devices but not the list of connected or paused devices and I don’t know how to get it back on!

58 REPLIES 58

G944S2
On our wavelength

Fixed as soon as possible, what does that mean for Virgin considering this thread started in 2018!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think you know what it means 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kellyh2
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply.

her phone reappeared on its own the next day, I couldn’t see it when I logged on to the router either and I had already tried deleting and reinstalling the app on both my phone and iPad 

problem sorted but I will not use the app now 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for the update and we're glad that you managed to unpause the device - we'll ensure that the feedback is passed on and we'll continue to work on any issues. 

I do apologise for any issues this has caused you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

This issue was reported over 1 year ago and if it cannot be fixed by now then it should be removed from the app as it’s causing serious issues for customers who may not have the knowledge of how to log into the router and over-ride the settings!

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the feedback @Bluefusion - this issue is not impacting all customers nor is impacting all devices but I assure you that our techy team are still investigating and we'll be doing all we can to ensure our apps are working as they should. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

@Katie_WT wrote:

Thanks for the feedback @Bluefusion - this issue is not impacting all customers nor is impacting all devices but I assure you that our techy team are still investigating and we'll be doing all we can to ensure our apps are working as they should. 

Cheers

...but this is NOT the point though is it ?????!?! 

The facts are that the issue is impacting SOME customers and SOME devices so the app really is,  NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE,  and needs to be removed from the App Store until it is fixed.....

How are Apple even allowing this on the App Store when the app doesn't even do what it claims to do...????! 

😠

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @deans6571

We can certainly understand how frustrating this must be for those customers impacted by this particular section of the Connect App. 

This is just one part of the App that is not working for a very small percentage of our customers; obviously this doesn't mean we don't care - we investigating and working on the issues with the App team.

The App is available on both Google Play and the App Store and the majority of customers are able to enjoy all the features available - once again, we are sorry that one area of the app is not working for a small minority. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Kellyh2
On our wavelength

Thought I would give it another go after the app update! Bad decision!

Now the app cannot see any of my network, saying it needs to do factory reboot through the app, even though all other devices still connected and working except the one I paused and yet again cannot unpause as cannot see it on the app! 

Ridiculous!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kellyh2, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened again and you are unable to unpause a device.  I notice from your previous post that the device reappeared the next day, has this been the case on this occasion?  

If not, have you tried rebooting as suggested on the app? 

Let us know and we will do all we can to help. 

Thanks 

Nat