cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Often slow or no speed then fine after reboot/reset

FosterCB
Tuning in

Assuming this must be an issue with my hub rather than the line? It started happening once a week, my speed is 110 then would drop to 1 or 2 or nothing. Reset or reboot the hub (which takes painfully long) and boom its fine. 

Then it started happening more often and now its usually 2 or 3 times a day (no consistency on time) 

Anything I should try or do I need to contact Virgin (sigh...) 

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a full factory reset on the Hub as below;

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your suggestion! I have done a reset like that a few times but haven't removed the ethernet cables, not sure why that makes any difference? (genuine interest) 

Will give that a go today and see if it makes any differences. Thanks 🙂 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @FosterCB

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've done a system check today and all your downstream levels are out of spec. This requires a service technician visit to the property to resolve. 

I'll send you a PM now to get this booked in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @FosterCB

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

It can be tracked and also re-arranged in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @FosterCB

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

It can be tracked and also re-arranged in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best

Engineer came out, fixed super quickly. Something as you say to do with the downstream frequency, should be below 10? Mine was at 20, haven't had a problem since so fingers crossed all good!

Cheers,

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated @FosterCB

Hope things are still working well. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M