cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo switch not connecting.

Badcop
Tuning in

Error code: 2110-1100 showing and have already tried all recommendations from the forum. No doubt another back end VM DNS issue they won’t admit has been systematic for years. 

5 REPLIES 5

Badcop
Tuning in

For the record..:I’m not ‘tuning in’!! I’ve already had plenty to say about VM’s DNS issues on the inability to provide consistent internet security for families but VM would prefer to brush it under the carpet and delete complaints & posts that don’t suit them.

Getting a Nintendo connected is by no means as important as Child Safe security settings actually working but it shouldn’t be a problem given the first complaints about this go back 3 years at least.

The IT crowd behind this system are really taking the mickey out of you corporates. Time for a re-tender maybe ???

Hey @Badcop,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

I'm sorry that you are still having this issue with your web safe filters, I can see you were recently in a private message with my colleague regarding this issue, if you reach back out to them there, they will be able to continue reviewing this with you further and provide any updates we have.

Joe

Client62
Legend

If this is a VM DNS issue caused by Enabling Child Safe or Virus Safe ...

Configure the Nintendo switch using Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 and the problem will vanish.

bigbad789
Joining in

Is anyone still struggling with this?

Two new OLED switches in the house on Christmas day and a VM Hub 5 to connect them to meant I had to give the problem a high priority when I would have preferred to be drinking sherry.

As as others have said, DNS is at the cause of it. As you can't change the DNS settings on the Hub, the solution I applied was to set up a manual network connection on the Switch, point it at the Hub's SSID and then copy all the network and security settings except the DNS, which I replaced with Google defaults.

That did the trick.

Hey bigbad789, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community sorry to hear you are having some issues with this.

Just to confirm this has now been fixed?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?