cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple disconnects, hub 3

SteveW87
Joining in

Hello

I signed up to VM about a week ago, 200mbps service.

Since then I've been having multiple problems a day.

Speed reduced to around 10mbps for extended periods of around 30 minutes

WiFi to all devices dropping completely.

WiFi and ethernet devices dropping completely for short periods of time.

I have the router on a smart plug so it get a reset every day.

Connections to router and wall point are secure.

I'd really rather not phone CS to go through the same script of reboot your router yada yada. I've been there and done all that about a year ago and left VM for it.

Can a tech please reach out to me to help get this resolved?

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly note you have 14 days from activation to cancel your account and incur no charges whatsoever. Dont leave it to the last day though.

I have asked a VM person to come here to comment soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SteveW87,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing a lot of issues with your connection, I can appreciate your frustration with this starting so soon after joining.

I've had a look this end and can see all of the disconnections logged over the past week and there is a clear issue. We will need to book in an engineer visit so it can be put right.

I've dropped you a private message so I can take your details and arrange this for you. You'll be able to find it over at the purple envelope

Thanks!

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SteveW87,

Apologies for the delayed response, I have been off shift over the weekend.

I've gone ahead and booked the next available engineer appointment for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

• The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth

SteveW87
Joining in

Hi

The engineer attended my property on the agreed date and spent significant time investigating the fault. Unfortunately the problem did not replicate much whilst in attendance and he was unable to locate the fault. 

I would note that it was mentioned work was taking place at the local switch center / board and he had experienced similar issues.

He did switch my port, and performed a noise / continuity test on my cable. No significant issue was found.

The problem is still here. First the wireless drops on devices (or the devices drop themselves due to connection quality) and then the speed drops to around 1Mbps. This can last for anywhere from 2 minutes to 30.

Can we please arrange for further investigations to take place. It has been proved not to be an equipment failure at either my property, or externally in the cable. It has to be a network related issue.

Hi @SteveW87 

Sorry to hear that the appointment was not successful and you are still having issues. 

We'll continue to monitor the service at our side. In the meantime I recommend you set upBroadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues. This will help us also to see if this patterns up with what we see at our side too. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the service issues faced SteveW87,

There doesn't seem to be an area fault as it stands so to investigate further I've dropped you a PM.

Regards,

Kain

On our Hub 3 we find these settings give us a stable WiFi services :

Wireless Security

Client62_0-1680359554768.png

Client62_0-1678622112364.png