cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in M14 and status of outages

Mattmattmattmat
Joining in

I've been experiencing sub 1Mbps upload speeds and sporadic outages for over a week, and have been incorrectly told that the fault has been identified and fixed around four times.

The outages have been identified as:

• F009186857
  • F009201013
  • F009203931

On the router I'm seeing messages such as 

• "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure"
  • "Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received"
  • "No Ranging Response received"

Could anyone provide any information on the fault numbers above? I'd love to know if they're all linked to the same underlying problem.

I'd also like to know if there is any way to make an early exit from my Virgin contract without a hefty charge. These faults are preventing me from doing my job at the moment, and I wish to move to a supplier who is more reliable and responsive.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You may have an 'out' via VM's speed policy.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy

Can't imagine VM will make it easy for you to implement it though. Having the fault numbers and a detailed record of your outages will help.

You could also set up a broadband quality monitor (BQM) account which can log what is going on with your connection for further evidence.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What is being reported on the ” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), and the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Lets see your BQM as goslow advised

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mattmattmattmat,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry for the downtime, can appreciate it is far from ideal.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm there are currently no open faults/outages impacting you. 

Are you still having problems with your service?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Thanks for your reply. Is F009203931 specifically resolved now? I don't know if there are two separate service status systems at virgin but I'm finding that customer services usuallyl begin by telling me that there is no fault, then when I insist that I've been having drop outs and share the error logs from the router they pass me to another department who tell me that there are faults in my area. 

Hi Mattmattmattmat

Thanks for coming back to me.

F009203931 is fixed as closed 🙂

How's the services looking since posting? I've ran a check and can see no issues so do let me know if you need anything further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill