cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Rubbish/ waste of time and money

Reeceh1
Joining in

received a new hub 5 router last night. 
Can’t log into the Wi-Fi because it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Tech support ask me to log into the hub settings? Can’t do that cause I’m not on the Wi-Fi? Long story short now without internet and paying more for a worse service. 
virgin media and there tech support are the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. 
save your time and money go somewhere else

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Best order your own router with 1Gb ports + CAT6 cable then put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

but will the person not need to log into the hub to change it to modem mode ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@gnome wrote:

but will the person not need to log into the hub to change it to modem mode ?

They will connect by wifi to the new router then router by wire to hub to then log in and change to modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Best order your own router with 1Gb ports + CAT6 cable then put hub in modem mode"

Silly answer. Unfortunately this is not a viable option because they cannot get into the hub and therefore could not put it into modem mode.

The hub has two passwords, the WiFi one and the ‘setting’ one. Make sure you are using the correct one. The hubs WiFi SSID will be different from your previous hub, best to delete the old one from your devices. As a last resort, if you cannot get into the hub you could try a pin hole reset, this should set the password back to the one on the hub’s bottom panel. Really it’s best to always change any settings on the hub from an Ethernet cabled device. It’s very cheap to get an adapter for this for a phone or iPad.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Just to reiterate, you are using the Wifi key thats supplied on the removal tab thing on the top/rear of the new Hub 5 yeah? It's also on the bottom of the router in the white label, not teaching you to suck eggs but it's also Caps sensitive

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Reeceh1,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, in order for us to know how best to help can you advise if the password you are entering for the WIFI is the one from the Hub itself? 

You should also be able to access the settings page via any hardwired connection into the Hub. Let me know if you are able to  do this.

Cheers. Joe