cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Internet Unsupported Status

chrisbalding
Tuning in

Hi,

Since switching from a Hub 3 to a Hub 5 we have had unstable internet. Depending on time of day (presumably load), the internet drops for a couple of minutes often as frequently as every 5 minutes.

It has been like this for 4 weeks now.

An engineer is due to re pull the cable in the street to fix the issue. However, I am surprised why this would coincide with a new hub.

Yesterday, I received a message on the Virgin app to say my issue had been fixed. However there is now no internet (flashing red or blue) and the hub web page says "Internet Unsupported Status".

I think it has been de-registered. Can someone check?

Thanks

Chris

16 REPLIES 16

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chrisbalding 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems with your services, and have had trouble with the Hub showing some error messages. I've taken a look at things on our side and can see you're currently affected by a known fault, and I've put the details below.

Fault Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise) - You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.
Fault Reference: F010624333
Estimated Fix Time: 25 APR 2023 18:00

Because of this fault, we're unable to run accurate diagnostics. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing, and rest assured, our teams are working to get things resolved as quickly as possible.

Once the estimated fix time has passed, if you're still experiencing issues, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thanks for checking our situation. On Saturday morning the engineer swapped us back to a hub 3. He could see from the signal that it would not work for a hub 5.

Unfortunately, the hub 3 was also unstable when observing a continuous ping. With the engineer we also tried a broadband speed test and we could see it was not working.

After the engineer left I removed the filters on the back of the hub 3 as a test. Following this we now have stable high speed internet again (350Mb/s).

Clearly there is an issue with the cable in the street. There was supposed to be some work done on Friday but I don't think anyone came and the engineer could see that it was not set up properly in the box down the street.

I suppose it would be sensible to fix the cable in the street but for now we are very relieved to have internet again. It is a service we now rely on.

Can you check that our account shows as no service from March 23rd when the hub 5 was first installed?

Thanks

Chris

Thank you for the update @chrisbalding Glad to hear the issue has since improved. Regarding the cabling issue, please bear with our team while they look into this for a resolution. In regards to your request, are you asking this due to possible compensation? If so, please try the following link https://virg.in/autocomp to see if you are eligible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Yes, I think I am due automatic compensation as we had effectively no service from March 23rd. I wanted to check our account reflects the fact we had no service from March 23rd when the hub 5 was installed until April 22nd when the hub 5 was removed.

Thanks

Chris

Hi chrisbalding, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

The auto compensation scheme will review accounts within 30 days and if this is due will apply the credits. 

When was the fault reported to us? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. As soon as the Hub 3 was switched to a Hub 5 the internet was unusable. This would have been reported at the time or the next day.

This would have been confirmed by subsequent engineers who tried to resolve the problem until we switched back to a Hub 3.

Thanks, Chris

Thanks for getting back to us @chrisbalding on the forums! 👋🏼

I can see that the area fault time frame has gone past.
May I ask how the connection has been since the fault was cleared?
Are you able to browse / use the internet with ease or are there any issues?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chrisbalding
Tuning in

Hi Ilyas,

Thanks for checking. Yes, we now have a Hub 3 again. The Hub 3 is fine.

We were unable to use the Hub 5 as the the cable in the street could not support the Hub 5 frequencies.

I look forward to the automatic compensation for the period when we had the hub 5 installed. I.e. March 23rd until April 22nd.

Regards

Chris

Hi,

I don't see any compensation for the lack of service. I just see a increased monthly payment.

I also no longer see my cases under complaints tracking. They disappeared without any notice.

Can someone follow up?

Thanks, Chris